Windows 10: Muted Audio After Restarting

Discus and support Muted Audio After Restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BlackShot Win User

Muted Audio After Restarting

Hi,

I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm facing a weird problem since then.

Everytime I restart my computer (using the 'Shut down' option and turning it back on), my speakers come muted, just as the image shows:

Muted Audio After Restarting [​IMG]

If I use the 'Restart' option it comes back alright:

Here's an image of my 'Recording devices' tab:

This is how my device manager looks like:

And finally SteelSeries controller:

So far I've tried reinstalling the original headset drivers and I also tried using the 'Uninstall' option under the device manager. None of them worked.

Anyone got any ideas? I'd appreciate!

Thanks!

:)

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016

2. What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, running the most current version of Windows 10 Ver 1709, OS Build 16299.64, patches are up to date. I am having trouble with recording records from my Numark TTi turntable through a USB port. It worked fine before
    replacing the hard drive and installing the software. I have set the recording input volume settings for USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone and turned it on. Set the recording level to 75%. I have set it to default.
    When I play a record, after 10 seconds to 2 minutes it mutes and sets the recording level to 0.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Right click on speaker icon. Double click on Microphone – USB Audio CODEC.

Select Properties. Levels tab. Unmute speaker, set volume level to 75. Select OK

Microphone – USB Audio CODEC is the Default recording device.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Happens without fail.

What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have the default format set to 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz.

I have a Lenovo laptop with the same Windows version, works fine.

Windows 10 Version 1709, USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone mutes by itself when receiving a signal.

USB Audio CODEC driver: Microsoft, 9/28/2017 V 10.0.16299.15

Says Best Drivers for that device are installed.

Dell system analysis says all drivers are current.

Dell support assist says all systems are functional.

Microsoft Troubleshooter – Recording Audio

Troubleshooter un-muted the USB Audio CODEC. Did not reset the level above 0.

I reset the level to 75. Started the turntable, mute was back on. Level was at 0.

Uninstalled the driver. Shutdown, restart.

Start EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records. Then mutes itself.

Generic USB Audio.

Daniel Palmaymesa, Jan 24, 2016
  3. quickes Win User
    Nokia 6120 Classic Audio Problem

(Sorry bad english)

Buy this phone 1 month in Russia.

Hi. I have too bug with audio.

I think is jack for headphones (garniture).

When telephone start and I try make call - mute.

TEST:

1 On "big audio" - audio work.

2 On back - mute.

3 I insert jack - audio work.

after 1 seconds steep 3 listen "cr-r-rr" and audio return back. all next calls is fine, no mute audio.

I think bug in headphone jack.

quickes, Jan 24, 2016
  4. BlackShot Win User

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  5. j0rdanb Win User
    You could try going to the communication settings by right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar, then click on either playback devices or recording devices and then click on the communications tab at the top (it looks like this):

Then click on 'Do nothing'.
    Also make sure your headset has all the defaults by clicking the 'set defaults' button.

Let me know how you get on!

j0rdanb, Jan 24, 2016
  6. BlackShot Win User
    Hi, j0rdanb!

Thanks for the heads up! Coincidentally, that option was already checked. My headset is also on its defaults.

Just to complement, I think it's important to say it's an USB headset. It uses an independent card to handle the audio.

Thank you again!

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  7. j0rdanb Win User
    Try running sfc /scannow in command prompt (as admin) - there's a possibility some system files may be corrupt.

j0rdanb, Jan 24, 2016
  8. BlackShot Win User

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  9. j0rdanb Win User
    Try running "chkdsk C: /F /R" from the Windows installation DVD - click repair your computer at the bottom on the installation screen and then choose command prompt. That should fix the corrupt files

j0rdanb, Jan 24, 2016
  10. BlackShot Win User
    I ran my Windows installation DVD and tried what you asked me to do. But unfortunately it didn't fix any of the issues (corrupt files - which doesn't seem to be important right now - or speaker). *Sad

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  11. j0rdanb Win User
    Try right clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and clicking "troubleshoot sound problems". Maybe that will detect what's wrong.

j0rdanb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Muted Audio After Restarting - Similar Threads - Muted Audio Restarting

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  4. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  5. Problem with Realtek R Audio Driver; after restarting computer devices go mute again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Realtek R Audio Driver; after restarting computer devices go mute again: Hello, I have a problem with a Realtek R Audio Driver. Every time after I deinstall it and reinstall it to fix sound problems, I have to move the sound bar in the bottom right corner to the left and right to avoid the sound devices going mute again. What's more, after...
  6. Audios is completely muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audios is completely muted: Just as about to browse on the internet and watch Twitch and some stuff, I hear nothing with audios and it's dead silence. I thought I have to put mute on, but I hear nothing the rest of it. I have to try to fix it such as put automatic Window Audios, Plug and Play and...
  7. Audio Intermittently Mutes after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Intermittently Mutes after Windows 10 Update: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 Model 10FDCT01WW 8GB Memory Intel Core i7 3.4GHZ x64 based processor 658GB space remaining on hard drive. After the latest Windows 10 Update, an icon is popping up intermittently for...
  8. Muted Audio Drivers

Muted Audio Drivers: I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other audio sharing software disable it! Some situations might be the same but this solved my problem. I hope this helps!...
  9. Audio muting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio muting itself: Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the...
  10. Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute: Hi, I have a problem where, after pressing the mute key on my keyboard, even after undoing the action there is no audio. I am using an HP TouchSmart 600, if it matters. I have checked the status of my audio systems (all claim to be preforming normally), restarted the...