Windows 10: Muted Audio After Restarting

Discus and support Muted Audio After Restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BlackShot Win User

Muted Audio After Restarting

Hi,

I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm facing a weird problem since then.

Everytime I restart my computer (using the 'Shut down' option and turning it back on), my speakers come muted, just as the image shows:

Muted Audio After Restarting [​IMG]

If I use the 'Restart' option it comes back alright:

Here's an image of my 'Recording devices' tab:

This is how my device manager looks like:

And finally SteelSeries controller:

So far I've tried reinstalling the original headset drivers and I also tried using the 'Uninstall' option under the device manager. None of them worked.

Anyone got any ideas? I'd appreciate!

Thanks!

:)

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016

2. What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, running the most current version of Windows 10 Ver 1709, OS Build 16299.64, patches are up to date. I am having trouble with recording records from my Numark TTi turntable through a USB port. It worked fine before
    replacing the hard drive and installing the software. I have set the recording input volume settings for USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone and turned it on. Set the recording level to 75%. I have set it to default.
    When I play a record, after 10 seconds to 2 minutes it mutes and sets the recording level to 0.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Right click on speaker icon. Double click on Microphone – USB Audio CODEC.

Select Properties. Levels tab. Unmute speaker, set volume level to 75. Select OK

Microphone – USB Audio CODEC is the Default recording device.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Happens without fail.

What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have the default format set to 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz.

I have a Lenovo laptop with the same Windows version, works fine.

Windows 10 Version 1709, USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone mutes by itself when receiving a signal.

USB Audio CODEC driver: Microsoft, 9/28/2017 V 10.0.16299.15

Says Best Drivers for that device are installed.

Dell system analysis says all drivers are current.

Dell support assist says all systems are functional.

Microsoft Troubleshooter – Recording Audio

Troubleshooter un-muted the USB Audio CODEC. Did not reset the level above 0.

I reset the level to 75. Started the turntable, mute was back on. Level was at 0.

Uninstalled the driver. Shutdown, restart.

Start EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records. Then mutes itself.

Generic USB Audio.

Daniel Palmaymesa, Jan 24, 2016
  3. quickes Win User
    Nokia 6120 Classic Audio Problem

(Sorry bad english)

Buy this phone 1 month in Russia.

Hi. I have too bug with audio.

I think is jack for headphones (garniture).

When telephone start and I try make call - mute.

TEST:

1 On "big audio" - audio work.

2 On back - mute.

3 I insert jack - audio work.

after 1 seconds steep 3 listen "cr-r-rr" and audio return back. all next calls is fine, no mute audio.

I think bug in headphone jack.

quickes, Jan 24, 2016
  4. BlackShot Win User

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  5. j0rdanb Win User
    You could try going to the communication settings by right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar, then click on either playback devices or recording devices and then click on the communications tab at the top (it looks like this):

Then click on 'Do nothing'.
    Also make sure your headset has all the defaults by clicking the 'set defaults' button.

Let me know how you get on!

j0rdanb, Jan 24, 2016
  6. BlackShot Win User
    Hi, j0rdanb!

Thanks for the heads up! Coincidentally, that option was already checked. My headset is also on its defaults.

Just to complement, I think it's important to say it's an USB headset. It uses an independent card to handle the audio.

Thank you again!

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  7. j0rdanb Win User
    Try running sfc /scannow in command prompt (as admin) - there's a possibility some system files may be corrupt.

j0rdanb, Jan 24, 2016
  8. BlackShot Win User

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  9. j0rdanb Win User
    Try running "chkdsk C: /F /R" from the Windows installation DVD - click repair your computer at the bottom on the installation screen and then choose command prompt. That should fix the corrupt files

j0rdanb, Jan 24, 2016
  10. BlackShot Win User
    I ran my Windows installation DVD and tried what you asked me to do. But unfortunately it didn't fix any of the issues (corrupt files - which doesn't seem to be important right now - or speaker). *Sad

BlackShot, Jan 24, 2016
  11. j0rdanb Win User
    Try right clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and clicking "troubleshoot sound problems". Maybe that will detect what's wrong.

j0rdanb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Muted Audio After Restarting - Similar Threads - Muted Audio Restarting

2. Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed: The bluetooth audio in Windows 10 is muted after I press the Pause button (on my keyboard) to pause music (in Spotify). In many cases I do this to pause the music so that I can watch a video on youtube. Is there a way to make sure that only the music is paused and that the...
  3. How to mute audio when changing device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to mute audio when changing device?: Hi, I've got a Windows 10 laptop, with a Thunderbolt docking station, with a USB speaker phone plugged in. Whenever I dock or un-dock, the I have to mute the audio again, which is frustrating. Otherwise I get the "new hardware" beeping for the various USB devices plugged...
  4. Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use

Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...
  5. Power, Restart, Audio

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power, Restart, Audio: I have been having these issues as of late where whenever I shut down or restart my computer by clicking start and then either of the power options, it seems to put into hibernation or sleep as the case's rbg lights stay on. When restarting my monitor just shows an...
  6. f6 light (audio mute) does not light up

f6 light (audio mute) does not light up: f6 light stopped lighting up. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/f6-light-audio-mute-does-not-light-up/4cd7c754-f5fd-4b78-b9ba-4bc27ca4b937
  7. After restart audio driver not loaded / enabled

After restart audio driver not loaded / enabled: When I restart my Windows 10 64 bit laptop I must open my Audio driver and manually disable and enable again in order to get it working. How could I force that audio device driver to be loaded+enabled+working? I notice it is not working since the light of the mute button on...
  8. Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute

Audio is broken 'forever' after pressing mute: Hi, I have a problem where, after pressing the mute key on my keyboard, even after undoing the action there is no audio. I am using an HP TouchSmart 600, if it matters. I have checked the status of my audio systems (all claim to be preforming normally), restarted the...
  9. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart: Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate...
  10. How to mute audio with one click on the Desktop

How to mute audio with one click on the Desktop: I'm tired of these AV's starting up by themselves on my Browser. The sound is usually loud, unexpected and an intrusion on tranquility. Does anyone have a solution on how to very quickly mute the sound without having to open the audio app? Thank you!! 89362