Windows 10: mv91xx.sys always causes a crash ..

Discus and support mv91xx.sys always causes a crash .. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Any ideas , thanks people .. On Fri 5/6/2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Total, May 6, 2016.

1. Total Win User

mv91xx.sys always causes a crash ..

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Any ideas , thanks people ..

On Fri 5/6/2016 3:13:50 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050616-14546-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: mv91xx.sys (mv91xx+0x2FEE2)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF800E6FCFEE1, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mv91xx.sys
    product: Marvell magni
    company: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
    description: Marvell magni Windows Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mv91xx.sys (Marvell magni Windows Driver, Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.).
    Google query: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

:)

Total, May 6, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Windows 10 BSDO after power on

Hi,

The minidump files point to the mv91xx.sys as the cause of the crashes:

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffff80000003, fffff8010695fea0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mv91xx.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mv91xx.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : mv91xx.sys ( mv91xx+32276 )

The mv91xx.sys is the Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller driver and appears to be version 1.0.0.1034 according to the System Information.

You could try version 1.0.0.1051 available from the following link:

ASRock > X58 Extreme3

You may have to install the driver in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7.

Also, if you have not already, update the NVIDIA graphic driver to recently released 361.75 version:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

auggy, May 6, 2016
  3. Nello83 Win User
    Windows 10 BSDO after power on

Thanks for help.

I have fixed the problem removing the mv91xx.sys driver and replacing it with the Win 10 driver the I got from the automatic upgrade system.

Thanks

Nello83, May 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Total,

I suggest that you change the storage controller to Intel, for equal performance you want to have the grey ports, as the Marvell controllers aren't very stable.

axe0, May 6, 2016
  5. Total Win User
    Thanks for the info - So just install the intel drivers , I believe that my board used marvell .

Total, May 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You need to change your cabling, they are connected to the Marvell controller, but you need to connect them to an Intel controller.
    Attachment 78671

axe0, May 7, 2016
  7. Total Win User
    Thanks , and will give it a try ..

Total, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. mv91xx.sys always causes a crash .. - Similar Threads - mv91xx sys always

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Getting BSOD and it is saying phymem64.sys is the cause of the crash. Help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD and it is saying phymem64.sys is the cause of the crash. Help please: So I have been getting constant BSOD's for the past 3 days and I thought I had finally figured out which driver was the cause dell Data Vault Control Device Driver. So I disabled those and deleted them off of my PC via Autorun. Now I am still getting BSOD however I now have...
  6. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  7. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  8. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  9. Laptop crashes caused by 'rtkvhd64.sys'

Laptop crashes caused by 'rtkvhd64.sys': My laptop is crashing . Please check out these minidumps- https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApFhXMFCkw0wgkG1PupSUzd9eHZi Thanks, Regal76 ***Original Title: My laptop crashing.***...
  10. Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys: I have been battling this problem for a while now We have a department that use Soundtap to record their phonecalls on their PC where they use a softphone. Just recently we have had two different PCs, both using Soundtap, getting Bluescreens several times a day. This...