Windows 10: my account permissions are of previous name

Discus and support my account permissions are of previous name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; You are about to read some bad English and I am really sorry about it I am not a native English speaker. Good evening guys, so guys I just changed... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Droyk, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Droyk Win User

my account permissions are of previous name

You are about to read some bad English and I am really sorry about it I am not a native English speaker.

Good evening guys,
    so guys I just changed my username and Change User Profile Folder Name but on my hard disk everything rightnow every program, files and my drives are registered too my previous name. what to do

and I changed my userprofile name with this tutorial User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name - Windows 7 Help Forums

Is there is anything I can do guys!

:)

Droyk, Oct 22, 2016
  2. SteveP555 Win User

Changing file permissions

I'm trying to move a program save file and folder containing files that was from a previous version of win10 (user/%localappdata\Packages\ )
    The folder has that long alpha numeric after the name and have the "account unknown" account permissions from the previous win10.

When I try to copy them over to where I want them to be, in the User subfolders, I get the message

"Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here"

I can create new or copy other files but these files from previous win10 instance.

I've tried to add my profile to the permissions, remove account unknown inheritance and made me the owner.

I still get you require permission from user to make this change, but I am logged with that user (ms account)

I am using Home

SteveP555, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

I created a local account with admin permission on the old laptop. All I got was, "There was a problem deleting this account"

I tried deleting the old account using the old laptop & my original account with admin permission. All I got was, "There was a problem deleting this account"

I was able to delte my account on my new laptop hence the new user name & my backup gmail.

Of course now I have to wait 60 blasted days of the old account being inactive before it is fully deleted.

In the meantime, the old laptop cannot be used until the previous account is fully deactivated & as my friend now has it, if he uses the original login details, that account will be re-activated. I really need a VERY quick fix so my friend can use it.

DavidRapkins, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

my account permissions are of previous name

1. my account permissions are of previous name - Similar Threads - account permissions are

2. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  3. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?: Hi,I have edited my Microsoft account name a couple of months ago. Since then, when I log in to my account, my name is displayed as "Microsoft account" instead of my name. The problem is also in MS office apps like Word. My name is written as "Microsoft account" other than my...
  4. Why is my account name shown as "Microsoft account" instead of my name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't change the previous mail name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change the previous mail name: Hi I just got changed the or transferred my mail from @abc.com to @efg.com. Now in the account setting my previous mail is showing but I am getting and sending mails from my new account i,e @efg.com. How can I change the name in account settings to the new one....
  6. Can't change the previous mail name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the previous mail name: Hi I just got changed the or transferred my mail from @abc.com to @efg.com. Now in the account setting my previous mail is showing but I am getting and sending mails from my new account i,e @efg.com. How can I change the name in account settings to the new one....
  7. Weird computer name in my folder permissions

Weird computer name in my folder permissions: Hello, So I was trying to move some movies from my movies file and it gave me a popup saying that I needed to have permission to be able to move the file. I went to the general section in the folder's properties and I noticed that the folder was on "Read Only", then I went...
  8. Child account name changed to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child account name changed to my name: All seemed fine for a few days, her name was listed. But recently there are two accounts named Mike magee. Hence why I added dad to it as a work around. When I 1st set up for account it is important to note that I made the selection to sign in to her Microsoft account using...
  9. Administrators permissions for my account

Administrators permissions for my account: I accidentally deleted the administrator permission from my account. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrators-permissions-for-my-account/554a7afa-3b95-4e02-974e-09dc16aaa549"
  10. I changed my account name and now my account permissions is a mess

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I changed my account name and now my account permissions is a mess: Good evening guys, Today I changed my username and Change User Profile Folder Name but on my hard disk everything right now every program, files and my drives are registered too my previous name [img] as you guys can see from the above image my previous account name...