Windows 10: My amd fx-4350 is running on 2 cores

Discus and support My amd fx-4350 is running on 2 cores in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed that my computer is running on two cores instead of 4. Screenshot - f1d7403963d19885971fbe6836470df7 - Gyazo My computer specs are:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ihmejampah, Feb 10, 2016.

1. My amd fx-4350 is running on 2 cores

I noticed that my computer is running on two cores instead of 4.
    Screenshot - f1d7403963d19885971fbe6836470df7 - Gyazo

My computer specs are:

Asus m5a97 R2.0
    Amd fx-4350
    Nvidia gtx760
    8gb Kingston hyperx.

I have tried now
    Checked bios settings and msconfig they seemed to be fine.
    Installed fresh windows 10
    Checked for viruses and cleaned them (couple troijans found)
    So anyone have any ideas whats going in here *Smile

:)

Ihmejampah, Feb 10, 2016
  2. bmazak Win User

Need help with BSOD's (Windows 10)

Well, After turning off XBoost on my ASRock mobo no more Bsods or Siverlight lockups. So far so good. It's been two days now and all is good. XBoost is supposed to increase the AMD number of cores so if you have 4 cores it may be able to unlock 2 to 4
    more. On mine it didn't really help anyway. I have an AMD FX 4350.

bmazak, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Processor and motherboards compatability with each other

I have a problem,

I have this a cpu -->AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics<-- and a

Motherboard Model# F2A68HM-HD2

Chipset AMD K15IMC

By Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.

and I was needing a better cpu than ~ 3.8ghz and 2 cores - and I was wondering if one of these cpu's are compatible with the motherboard above

Cpu-1 > AMD FX-4350

Part# FD4350FRHKBOX

Cpu-2 > AMD FX-8350

Part# FD8350FRHKBOX

Sorry I'm not able to list more information, but also which is better more cores or a higher operating frequency?

Thank you for your response(s)!

TeylorSt.Francis, Feb 10, 2016
  4. My amd fx-4350 is running on 2 cores

Hello Ihmejampah Welcome to the Ten Forums!

As long as the cpu temps are within the normal temp range you shouldn't have anything to worry about. And viruses, malwares rarely effect hardwares unless the bios settings not part of the OS are changed in some fashion which is highly unlikely!

The main reason for only seeing two out of four cores active would be the lack of any load being placed on the cpu itself where the Primary cores are already at work while the Secondary cores will then come in to take on some of the additional work load. In other words when things get real busy the second team helps take up some slack! Softwares like CAD programs or other resource demanding programs will be what will see those kick in.

As for loads on graphics the load on a cpu is minimal when a good video card with it's own GPU(Graphics Processor Unit) is busy at work being another form of cpu included on the card. With onboard graphics however placing a demand in that area will then tend to grab on memory as well as cpu time.

Night Hawk, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

My amd fx-4350 is running on 2 cores

1. My amd fx-4350 is running on 2 cores - Similar Threads - amd 4350 running

2. AMD FX for Windows 11 Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD FX for Windows 11 Requirements: I wanted to update my operating system to version 11 and faced the fact that when checking through PC Health Check, it does not allow me to update Windows due to the fact that this series of processors is not on the list of supported ones, although they meet the minimum...
  3. AMD FX for Windows 11 Requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD FX for Windows 11 Requirements: I wanted to update my operating system to version 11 and faced the fact that when checking through PC Health Check, it does not allow me to update Windows due to the fact that this series of processors is not on the list of supported ones, although they meet the minimum...
  4. AMD FX for Windows 11 Requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Core Isolation Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Will Not Run: Core Isolation is flagging me with an error that says it will not run because I have a driver running called usb2ser.sys from MediaTek Inc. oem123.inf. I cannot figure out why I have this driver and I don't find it using normal tools.I ran regedit to see if I could learn...
  6. Core Isolation Will Not Run

Core Isolation Will Not Run: Core Isolation is flagging me with an error that says it will not run because I have a driver running called usb2ser.sys from MediaTek Inc. oem123.inf. I cannot figure out why I have this driver and I don't find it using normal tools.I ran regedit to see if I could learn...
  7. My pc not showing 2 cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc not showing 2 cores: A few days ago I enabled my another core just to see if there's any performance boost and yeah it was right. But my friend told me it would make the cores dead so I changed back to 1 core. I did some searched on that and found it was not true. I tried enabling cores again but...
  8. Will 8 GB make WIN10 run ok on a Core 2 Duo?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will 8 GB make WIN10 run ok on a Core 2 Duo?: A lot of posts on the net ask whether Win10 can run on old machines. But most of the inquiries seem to come from people with 4 GB or less RAM. Personally I can't use WIN7 with less than 8. My travel laptop is my slowest machine, a Latitude e4300, Core2 Duo SP9600. (I like it...
  9. Cursor FX problem

Cursor FX problem: I had purchased CursorFX by Stardock & it does work, but when i bring up the start menu,the cursor is behind the menu and the Windows cursor attaches to the cursor FX cursor. It doesn't do it in any other window & the windows default cursor is fine. I have now uninstalled the...
  10. Audigy FX Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audigy FX Problems: Howdy! I bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Sound Card SB1570 a couple of years back and I never have been able to get it to work correctly in Win 8.1 or Win 10. It'll work just fine occasionally after a shutdown, but if I reboot again it'll stop and may not...