Windows 10: My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem

Discus and support My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Completely out of the blue last night, the majority of the desktop shortcuts I have to Internet sites have stopped working! I can access them (the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ChrisC, Jun 30, 2018.

1. ChrisC Win User

My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem

Completely out of the blue last night, the majority of the desktop shortcuts I have to Internet sites have stopped working! I can access them (the websites) on my Android phone, but not on my PC. I am using Firefox as my browser and Windows 10. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem.

Addendum: I've just noticed the links URLs that work start with https: and those that do not start with http:

:)

ChrisC, Jun 30, 2018

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jun 30, 2018
  4. My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem

1. My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem - Similar Threads - Android connected via

2. how do I find out my wi-fi password for my modem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find out my wi-fi password for my modem?: How do I find out my password for my modem in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-my-wi-fi-password-for-my-modem/a182a76f-a316-4648-bd81-5c705331e30a
  3. how do I find out my wi-fi password for my modem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I find out my wi-fi password for my modem?: How do I find out my password for my modem in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-my-wi-fi-password-for-my-modem/a182a76f-a316-4648-bd81-5c705331e30a
  4. how do I find out my wi-fi password for my modem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  6. My PC can't connect to adsl modem via LAN

My PC can't connect to adsl modem via LAN: Hello, I have a problem in my pc which I didn't have this problem 1 year ago. This problem is like very annoying I've done all of the ways to fix it but it didn't work cmd commands, updating drives All of the adsl modem lights turns on when I turn the modem on BUT when...
  7. Wi-Fi connection disconnecting randomly and Samsung Modem and USB

Wi-Fi connection disconnecting randomly and Samsung Modem and USB: Early July 2020 my manually connected Wi-Fi began to disconnect randomly so I have had to re-connect it each time it dropped out. I knew of no reason for the Wi-Fi to disconnect because it has behaved quite normally until last week. Today to my surprise I discovered, while...
  8. Modem/Wi-Fi/PC

Modem/Wi-Fi/PC: Can you, using a RJ45 male to 3 way female splitter (at the Modem), combine hard wiring (Ethernet Cat-5) to a Wi-Fi router, and to two PC's? IOW, can I use both Wi-Fi and Ethernet cabling on a PC at the same time? I'm trying to maximize my download speeds for gaming. Thanks...
  9. My two computers are connected via the modem

in Windows 10 Customization
    My two computers are connected via the modem: but network credentials password is not being accepted?? why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-two-computers-are-connected-via-the-modem/af2198a8-d67e-4da0-ad10-61c30d47de91
  10. sharing a PC's Wi-Fi connection via a wired router

sharing a PC's Wi-Fi connection via a wired router: [Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version 2004. OS Build 19569.rs_prerelease.200214-1419] I have recently moved and it is no longer physically possible to connect my desktop PC to the internet via an Ethernet connection to my TRENDnet TEW-711BR H/W:V1.1RU wireless router....