Windows 10: My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

Discus and support My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description* in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11, and recently I have been having this issue where I could not use the apostrophe and the enter button properly on my keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shelf Related, Apr 22, 2024.

1. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

I am using Windows 11, and recently I have been having this issue where I could not use the apostrophe and the enter button properly on my keyboard. Pressing the apostrophe button would actually do nothing. However, opening On-Screen Keyboards, it shows that whenever the apostrophe button or enter button is pressed, it will actually trigger the CTRL button instead. However, when I press another button at the same time as the apostrophe button, it may sometimes trigger the apostrophe key, but it is not consistent.This next part is a bit hard to understand, but my CTRL key and my Enter key are

:)

Shelf Related, Apr 22, 2024

2. Apostrophe key not working ***read description***

And when I look at my OSK the apostrophe and quote are flipped, on my keyboard the quote is on the bottom of the key and the apostrophe is on top of the key. Dont know if that matters. But other than that yes, its the same.

RickBabcock1, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Apostrophe key not working ***read description***

Ok, so this started happening about a week ago, I will try to type and use the apostrophe key, but the actual symbol will not type, but if I hold shift and hit it, quotes will type, so that is working, but for some reason apostrophe will not type.

Heres the kicker, it works when I start windows, but then about 10 seconds into getting onto my desktop, it stops working, so something is initiating and messing with my keyboard.

I have all my languages set to US and not US International. Not sure what could be causing this and Im about 3 seconds away from wiping my computer just to start over. You dont realize how important the apostrophe key is until it doesnt work because of some
    setting inside windows.

4. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

Apostrophe key not working ***read description***

Well, it's your call, you decision although I puzzle why you started this thread in the first place.

Because its an easy fix, but I wanted to get an answer because I dont like doing that, but I know that will fix it. So do you have any other suggestions? Im all ears

Thema:

My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

1. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description* - Similar Threads - Apostrophe Enter buttons

2. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*: I am using Windows 11, and recently I have been having this issue where I could not use the apostrophe and the enter button properly on my keyboard. Pressing the apostrophe button would actually do nothing. However, opening On-Screen Keyboards, it shows that whenever the...
  3. my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe: I am getting è instead of an apostrophe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apostrophe-key-is-giving-me-%C3%A8-instead-of/c6211cb8-ce7c-4d44-8cef-2cde0d5ee6b7
  4. my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe: I am getting è instead of an apostrophe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apostrophe-key-is-giving-me-%C3%A8-instead-of/c6211cb8-ce7c-4d44-8cef-2cde0d5ee6b7
  5. read description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  6. read description

read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  7. read description

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  9. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  10. Apostrophe key not working ***read description***

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apostrophe key not working ***read description***: Ok, so this started happening about a week ago, I will try to type and use the apostrophe key, but the actual symbol will not type, but if I hold shift and hit it, quotes will type, so that is working, but for some reason apostrophe will not type. Heres the kicker, it...