Windows 10: My Application which is in Start up folder is not running

Discus and support My Application which is in Start up folder is not running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rajesh12, Aug 8, 2016.

1. rajesh12 Win User

My Application which is in Start up folder is not running

My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like
    1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set to 1)
    2. Set User Access Control settings to lowest level

When i do this settings, my application which is in start up folder, application runs when machine restarts every time.. But this setting inhibit the operation of some MS programs like MS-Edge, Photo-Viewer, Skype Video etc. Resetting to default "1" and restart PC would resolved it. We need to look for better solution to this "security measure" by later Windows version.. Please guide me with better solution

:)

rajesh12, Aug 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Autostart Application Problem (My Application which is in Start up folder is not running after machine restart)

Let me put up my problem :

1. My team has developed a windows (C# WPF) application. This application requires elevated privileges to execute. (right click on app --> "Run as administrator" even for an administrator user). This application need to run at startup occasionally (depending
    on user preferences).

2. When user selects to run the application on windows startup, the application creates its shortcut in the "startup folder" of the windows.

3. As this application needs administrative privileges to start running, we have made the setting as - We made the "User Access Control" Settings to Lowest level i.e. Never Notify.

Problem : With this UAC settings my application startup automatically whenever configured to start, at boot on windows 7. For windows 10 (I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 Pro recently) these settings do not help. The only way to get it work go
    to start up folder manually and right click on my application shortcut and say "Run as administrator".

So we want to get it work same as windows 7 and 8.1. What are the new settings for windows 10 to get our application (which is in Start Up Folder) starts automatically after restarting the windows machine?

Rajesh Ramtere, Aug 8, 2016
  3. My windows 10 email application is not running Sync problem HELP!

I tried the solutions in replies and I cannot make the email app working ... How can I reinstall it?

JoaoCabral_888, Aug 8, 2016
  4. pcgeek11 Win User

Try running it as a task using task scheduler.

pcgeek11, Aug 8, 2016
  5. vanowm Win User
    I found this issue after switching from W7. I always have task manager started with windows (I like it's icon always shown at tray) and W10 would not start it at all! This actually made me switch back to W7 for a while until found a solution.

The solution as pcgeek11 suggested is to use task scheduler.
    It's pain in the ass create new task scheduler for every program you want to start, but you can created just one scheduled task that runs a .bat file, which then starts any and as many programs you want.

I use nircmd to hide cmd window:

My Application which is in Start up folder is not running [​IMG]

both nircmd.exe and startup.bat are in the same folder.
    As an example in the startup.bat I use this to start and minimize task manager: Code: start /I "" "Taskmgr.exe" nircmd cmdwait 1000 win min title "Task Manager"[/quote] (second line minimizes task manager)

vanowm, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    Winpatrol does all that for you simply you can set delayed start for apps very simple

Samuria, Aug 8, 2016
  7. rajesh12 Win User
    Let me put up my problem in a different way:
    1. My team has developed a windows (C# WPF) application. This application requires elevated privileges to execute. (right click on app --> "Run as administrator" even for an administrator user). This application need to run at startup occasionally (depending on user preferences).
    2. When user selects to run the application on windows startup, the application creates its shortcut in the "startup folder" of the windows.
    3. As this application needs administrative privileges to start running, we have made the setting as shown in the attachment image.
    Problem : With this UAC settings my application startup automatically whenever configured to start, at boot on windows 7. For windows 10 (I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 Pro recently) these settings do not help. When I right click "Run as administrator" on my application from the shortcut in the startup folder, my application works fine.
    I made the registry settings as discussed earlier, It helps start the application on boot. However, some MS tools give an message saying : eg "MS Edge can't be opened using the built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again.".

I feel, somehow the UAC prompt, which generally occurs on running this application cannot allow same application in startup mode. How can I tell windows to run the application in administrator mode ? (windows does not by default run an app in administrator mode even when logged-in user is an administrator of that PC).

rajesh12, Aug 9, 2016
  8. rajesh12 Win User

Let me put up my problem in a different way:
    1. My team has developed a windows (C# WPF) application. This application requires elevated privileges to execute. (right click on app --> "Run as administrator" even for an administrator user). This application need to run at startup occasionally (depending on user preferences).
    3. As this application needs administrative privileges to start running, we have made the setting as shown in the attachment image.
    Problem : With this UAC settings my application startup automatically whenever configured to start, at boot on windows 7. For windows 10 (I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 Pro recently) these settings do not help. When I right click "Run as administrator" on my application from the shortcut in the startup folder, my application works fine.
    I made the registry settings as discussed earlier, It helps start the application on boot. However, some MS tools give an message saying : eg "MS Edge can't be opened using the built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again.".

I feel, somehow the UAC prompt, which generally occurs on running this application cannot allow same application in startup mode. How can I tell windows to run the application in administrator mode ? (windows does not by default run an app in administrator mode even when logged-in user is an administrator of that PC).

My Application which is in Start up folder is not running [​IMG]

rajesh12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My Application which is in Start up folder is not running - Similar Threads - Application Start folder

2. start up applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up applications: I am unable to open the startup apps settings it's getting stuck while opening it in settings i don't know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-applications/fd2356ff-8086-4a9a-9d52-9cb594c6855e
  3. start up applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up applications: I am unable to open the startup apps settings it's getting stuck while opening it in settings i don't know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-applications/fd2356ff-8086-4a9a-9d52-9cb594c6855e
  4. How to customise which applications open after starting up and in which location the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to customise which applications open after starting up and in which location the...: When i start my work pc, i always have to start Outlook, open a separate email, calendar and task screen (= 3 Outlook windows of the Outlook programme), and 4 Windows explorer windows and one Chrome window. I use two computerscreens, and i always have a certain place on those...
  5. how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to run as administrator an application which is in startup folder of my user profile: Hi , I have a simple batch file which sync the time for me when I log on to my system, I put the shortcut of that batch file in my user profile startup path with"shell:startup" run box command. I have enable the check box in the properties of the shortcut file to run as...
  6. Notepad does not show up in my start, accessories folder or list of applications

Notepad does not show up in my start, accessories folder or list of applications: I am attempting to use notepad. I have done a search for it in my start folder, my accessories folder and in my list of applications and it cannot be found in any of the above. How do I load it onto my computer?...
  7. Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?: Hi all - As I use and load various applications on a Win10 Pro system, it gets a bit slow after login to settle down. I'm curious if some system services and those created by applications, i.e. Acronis, can be on Delayed Start. It's easy to go into services.msc and change...
  8. Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray?

Run a start-up application "blind" or in the tray?: I use and love Synergy--the digital KVM switching software that lets me use a single mouse and keyboard across 4 computers in this case-2 WindowsPC and 2 Linux. My only complaint is this--when it runs at startup, I'm left with the synergy program window open and need to...
  9. Disabling start up applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling start up applications: My new Windows 10 Pro is now set up and running well. Just one thing I really need to take care of now are the seemingly excessive number of programs that load up, slowing boot time. Things like Acronis (for back ups), Samsung Magician, MSI fast boot software, Ccleaner, Adobe...
  10. My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restart: My application which is in Startup folder is not started after restarting the computer. I find some solutions on internet like 1. Hkey_Local_Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ System\ Set EnableLUA to 0 (See at right side - By Default it is set...