Windows 10: My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Discus and support My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Isoldmyname, Feb 14, 2016.

1. My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

:)

Isoldmyname, Feb 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Power Settings

I have an ASUS G74SX Laptop that developed a problem . . .

The Power Settings on the ASUS G74SX stopped working, i.e., the system does not go into sleep mode, the screen does not turn off, and the screen does not go into screen saver mode.

I upgraded the ASUS G74SX from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 18 months ago after receiving notification of the free upgrade and after running a Microsoft compatibility check that confirmed that the laptop was compatible with windows 10.

Subsequently to upgrading to Windows 10, I did not have the problem until this past week.

The only changes that have been made to the system this past week are:

An HP technician made changes to the ASUS G74SX firewall settings to make it easier to update the drivers and firmware of the HP printers.

The Ethernet system that the ASUS G74SX is connected to was upgraded from an old 3COM system consisting of a DSL Modem/Gateway and Secure Gateway and Ethernet Switches to a NETGEAR system consisting of a DSL Modem/Gateway and Ethernet Switches.

RobertGullo, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 downloads via USB but won't install

PS... I use an ASUS G74Sx

TomOdysseus, Feb 14, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Hi.
    Not sure I understand how you could perform a factory reset if you don't have the recovery partition available. You should have gotten an error that the ASUS Recovery Partition could not be found.

You would need to get to a working computer and download either the RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive, and then install W10 that way.

You might also want to check the health of your hard drive, to make sure it's not failing.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Feb 15, 2016
  5. pete1208 Win User
    You need a USB CD Drive and installation media. Boot to that. Your local PC shop can help.

pete1208, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

1. My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo! - Similar Threads - ASUS G74SX doesn't

2. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  3. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  4. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo: Hi,I have a ASUS Zenbook laptop which recently received a windows update. Ever since the update - the laptop would not start up and it would just go in a loop"Attempting to recover installation.." "Undoing changes made to your computer...". and then restart this cycle would...
  5. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo: Hi,I have a ASUS Zenbook laptop which recently received a windows update. Ever since the update - the laptop would not start up and it would just go in a loop"Attempting to recover installation.." "Undoing changes made to your computer...". and then restart this cycle would...
  6. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Asus G74Sx Windows 10 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus G74Sx Windows 10 drivers: Well, I am still using this laptop and it's still great for office work. However, I've decided to give it to my father so I've returned it to it's factory settings using windows 10 tools. And now it looks like some of the drivers are not working and I can't find them anywhere...
  8. Change Asus logo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Asus logo: Can I change this old logo startup Asus Inspiring Innovation into In search of incredible? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-asus-logo/c1b72fe4-2d33-41ff-9bdd-7cd0875a311b
  9. WINDOWS 10 LOGO IS MISSING , BUT ASUS LOGO APPEARING AND BOOTS SUCESSFULLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 LOGO IS MISSING , BUT ASUS LOGO APPEARING AND BOOTS SUCESSFULLY: Why in my asuslaptop , windows 10 logo does not appear while booting to widows 10. Only windows 10 logo appears if I try booting with DVD or USB , anyone can give me the correct answer, if you want to view i can record a video, and then upload to one drive , after...
  10. ASUS Laptop stuck on ASUS Logo with spinning circle under it

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Laptop stuck on ASUS Logo with spinning circle under it: Hello im having a problem with my ASUS Laptop K401U. It just started about 2 hours ago, so whenever I turn on my laptop it just stuck on the ASUS Logo with spinning circle under itI still can access the BIOS, but dont know what to do about it though. I didnt install any...