Windows 10: My battery won't charge beyond 80%

Discus and support My battery won't charge beyond 80% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've asked this issue on other Discord channels, but I wanted to post it here. My model is HP, and entering my model number lists it as Energy Star.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Michele, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Michele Win User

My battery won't charge beyond 80%

I've asked this issue on other Discord channels, but I wanted to post it here.
    My model is HP, and entering my model number lists it as Energy Star. Yesterday, this problem has been starting.

So my problem is...My battery will not charge beyond around 80%. It can charge, yes, but the issue is that it only charges up to around 78-80%, then it starts charging spontaneouly. When the laptop stops charging, the LED is white, despite not being fully charged, and if I replug the charger, the LED is still white. Yesterday, I had this dreadful 'Plugged in, not charging' issue, and I temporarily fixed it alongside with the repeated charging and got my laptop to charge to 100%, but the problem reappeared today. *Mad

What is strange that when I asked a user, he replied that the laptop is trying to protect itself from further damage by doing this. What is his logic? I tried the HP diagnosis, and it reported that my battery is healthy and all OK. It doesn't need any battery replacing - besides, my battery is internal so I can't remove it.

I have tried hard reset, and uninstalling battery drivers (Microsoft). Nothing fixed it. I fear my battery might be damaged, but then again could be just my charger. I can't remember when I bought it but it was 3 or 4 years ago and it might be going away soon.

:)

Michele, Aug 23, 2018

2. battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Doesn't seem to be the charger cause - after last time of unloading and reloading the battery monitoring software and taking and putting the battery back in, without touching the charger - then the battery charged up to 100%. Tried all the other stuff too - to no avail. It's just pretty weird with the inconsistencies - sometimes the techniques suggested on the forums work - and sometimes they don't. Pretty frustrating. Interesting though that Windows 8.1 had same issue, so I won;t try going back there to solve the problem. I'm beginning to think that there is some incompatibility between Dell laptops and Windows drivers that is at the root of this -but not so often that either company thinks that a fix is in order.

batteryrod, Aug 23, 2018
  3. battery only charging to 80%

I have Dell Inspiron 731 r Now have windows 10 Battery will only charge to 80% keeps telling me battery charger is disable when it reaches 80% how do I get it to charge to 100%

RichardAmsler, Aug 23, 2018
  4. My battery won't charge beyond 80%

Battery stops charging at 80%

Battery stops charging at 80%

Bayode Ibironke, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

My battery won't charge beyond 80%

1. My battery won't charge beyond 80% - Similar Threads - battery won't charge

2. Is Limiting Battery Charging to 80% worth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Limiting Battery Charging to 80% worth?: I have a gaming laptop. I just changed the battery. I usually have it plugged in while gamingwhich is most of the time. Some suggested limiting Battery Charging. There is an option to limit it in BIOS in my HP Pavilion Laptop. Is it worth it? Does it extend battery life if...
  3. Is Limiting Battery Charging to 80% worth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Limiting Battery Charging to 80% worth?: I have a gaming laptop. I just changed the battery. I usually have it plugged in while gamingwhich is most of the time. Some suggested limiting Battery Charging. There is an option to limit it in BIOS in my HP Pavilion Laptop. Is it worth it? Does it extend battery life if...
  4. Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??: OS: Windows 11PC model: HP Zbook 17 G6For some reason, my battery won't charge up to higher than 80% in windows 11 I recently upgraded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-charge-more-than-80-in-windows-11/90b7444e-a80d-468c-aeb2-b74ba631851e
  5. Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery won't charge more than 80% in windows 11??: OS: Windows 11PC model: HP Zbook 17 G6For some reason, my battery won't charge up to higher than 80% in windows 11 I recently upgraded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-charge-more-than-80-in-windows-11/90b7444e-a80d-468c-aeb2-b74ba631851e
  6. about battery charge only to 80%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about battery charge only to 80%: My laptop charges the battery to 80% then stops charging I tried to plug out and in the capel and tried to uninstall the batteries driver from the device manager but none of them seems to work. what could be the problem cuz I think a program did this to my battery but I don't...
  7. Battery stops charge at 80%!

Battery stops charge at 80%!: I have Acer Spin 3, i opened the 'Acer Care Centre S' application and while browsing it, i turned on Battery Charge Limit which causes the laptop to stop charging at 80%. Well, I HATE IT! I went back to turn it off but that option had disappeared and I have no idea what do!...
  8. Limiting Battery Charge to 80%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limiting Battery Charge to 80%: In order to maintain battery health for machines that are permanently or semi-permanently connected to a power source in my case, the external monitor provides power I would like to set the maximum charge value to 80% and not higher. Is there a way to limit the charge to a...
  9. Battery only charging to 79% or 80%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery only charging to 79% or 80%: I had this problem in the past and it turned out you can set a battery saver mode which doesn't allow the battery to charge to 100%. I changed it then but I guess the computer updated or something and I can't find this setting anywhere. It doesn't seem to be under anything...
  10. Battery stuck at 80% plugged in but not charging

Battery stuck at 80% plugged in but not charging: Not sure why I get this message that my PC isn't charging even though it's plugged in. It doesn't matter if I select best battery life or best performance in the slider. It seems to always stop charging at some point lower than 100%....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My battery wont charge above 80%

2. my battery level is not increasing above 80%

3. windows 10 laptop wont charge past 80%

4. power wont charge above 80%,
  5. windows phone battery 80 % ,
  6. why wont my fitbit charge beyond 80%,
  7. new phone battery wont charge above 80%,
  8. msi laptop not charging beyond 80%,
  9. windows phone battery charge above 80%,
  10. windows phone battery wont charge past 80%,
  11. why is my laptop battery not charging beyond 80%