Windows 10: My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected

Discus and support My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My scanner on Brother printer has stopped scanning from my laptop; it says that scanner is not connected. It was working fine before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillardRobitaille, Jul 17, 2018.

1. My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected

My scanner on Brother printer has stopped scanning from my laptop; it says that scanner is not connected. It was working fine before.

:)

WillardRobitaille, Jul 17, 2018

2. scanning from brother printer/scanner to new laptop

I have a new laptop and although I can print from my brother printer/scanner I cannot scan it doesn't connect to the laptop. I didn't have a problem with my old laptop

KevinWhite2, Jul 17, 2018
  3. scanning from brother printer/scanner to new laptop

What is the make and model of the brother printer/scanner?

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Press Windows key + X, click Apps & Features or Programs and Features

Select your Brother printer.

Select Uninstall.

Press Windows key + R, type control, hit Enter

Open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your Brother Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for Brother Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Proceed to reinstall the driver.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 17, 2018
  4. weamish Win User

My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected

1. My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected - Similar Threads - Brother Printer scan

2. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. not saving scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDFs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. not saving scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDFs...: I HAVE A BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. it no longer saves scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDF ILES BUT RATHER SAVES THEM S PICTURES. why and how do I fix this issue...
  6. BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. not saving scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDFs...

BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. not saving scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDFs...: I HAVE A BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. it no longer saves scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDF ILES BUT RATHER SAVES THEM S PICTURES. why and how do I fix this issue...
  7. BROTHERS MC l2740DW PRINTER, SCANNER. not saving scans to my windows 10 HP laptop as PDFs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC

My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC: I have a multi use printer/scanner. The printer works perfectly wireless but I cannot connect the scanner. It worked on my old laptop I have since deleted it from my old laptop now...
  9. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  10. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...