Windows 10: My built PC disaster. Help please

Discus and support My built PC disaster. Help please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Advertisement Please help, new PC I built is a disaster. TAGS: Systems less than a minute ago Hey everyone. Really hoping to get some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bohdiesel, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Bohdiesel Win User

My built PC disaster. Help please

Advertisement

Please help, new PC I built is a disaster.
    TAGS:
    Systems

less than a minute ago

Hey everyone. Really hoping to get some help because I'm at the end of my rope with this thing. First off, the specs.

Windows 10
    650 watt power supply
    MSI z170a m5 motherboard
    MSI amd 390x graphics
    Intel i5 6600k (with a cooler)
    Samsung 250gb ssd

No disc drive. So I put it together Thursday. Figured out how to download some drivers on another computer and got it up and running. I've been playing dark souls 3 nonstop.

Yesterday, my screen went black. Could still hear the audio. Restarted and it did it again after ten minutes. Restarted, and then it got stuck in a loop of how my PC wouldn't start and it reset itself over and over. Also at this point, when it was showing the MSI logo at boot up, there was a thick blue line down the middle of the screen. I made sure the graphics card was installed all the way. Blue line gone. I reinstalled Windows. Now I can't remember where I got the Internet driver, because I have no internet anymore. As I'm on my phone doing research, the screen goes black again. Wtf.

Anyone have ANY ideas what could be wrong? Overheating maybe? Not enough watts on the power supply? All the fans are working. I just don't know. This thing is a $1400 paperweight at the moment.

Thanks a ton.

Update. I went and got a disc drive. Used the discs all my components came with. Computer was doing great for about an hour, then black screens, Windows not loading properly, etc. this is such a load of crap. Please help me.

:)

Bohdiesel, Apr 17, 2016
  2. wwsras Win User

Reset W10 PC Disaster-Please Help

I upgraded from W8.1 to W10 with no immediate issues. After a week or so I was experiencing a couple of errors, like OneDrive.exe not being recognized. I decided to do a fresh PC Reset in W10, including wiping the C drive. After 40 minutes or so I received
    a generic message that "There was a problem with the reset". No information other than that message. My only option was cancel the reset and continue to W10. My PC rebooted and now it just keeps rebooting after the initial BIOS screens, never entering W10
    at all. It's completely inaccessible. I can't go back to W8.1 because I can't get to the drive.

What in the world can I do? Is it possible to get W10 media or something that would allow be to get far enough to reinstall something?

Please help.

wwsras, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Reset W10 PC Disaster-Please Help

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    • Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.
    Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Have you even contacted MSI about the problem? Also have you tried pulling the video card and use the standard video port on the Motherboard, to make sure that it is not a Motherboard problem.

If you purchased the system local, take it back and have them go over everything, to make sure that there is nothing wrong.

bro67, Apr 17, 2016
  5. Bohdiesel Win User
    Yeah. After a while, my gpu got hot to the touch and smelled like plastic. I'm on my integrated gpu now. I got it from new egg and I'm not looking forward to seeing how they handle this.

Bohdiesel, Apr 17, 2016
  6. Philgo Win User
    I would suspect the PSU, doesn't that graphics card need at least a 750 Watt. What is the make of the one you bought?

Philgo, Apr 17, 2016
  7. Bohdiesel Win User
    It's an EVGA supernova 650g

Bohdiesel, Apr 17, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Please let us know which RAM you are using, the exact make and model.

Also, can you boot to the BIOS? If so, let us see two camera snaps of the CPU tab and the memory tab. Like this one:

My built PC disaster. Help please [​IMG]

Thema:

1. My built PC disaster. Help please - Similar Threads - built disaster Help

2. Kernel 144 on newly built PC, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel 144 on newly built PC, please help!: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1020Parameter 2: ffffb20bac25f170Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.22631.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033* Changed to a question....
  3. Kernel 144 on newly built PC, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel 144 on newly built PC, please help!: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1020Parameter 2: ffffb20bac25f170Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.22631.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033* Changed to a question....
  4. BSOD Continues to Occur on Home Built PC, PLEASE HELP! :-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Continues to Occur on Home Built PC, PLEASE HELP! :-: https://file.io/K7hcW7Q9bXlu <-----Last 5 Minidump files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-continues-to-occur-on-home-built-pc-please/22b39d71-c3be-4b76-a74e-d48831c1702c
  5. BSOD Continues to Occur on Home Built PC, PLEASE HELP! :-

BSOD Continues to Occur on Home Built PC, PLEASE HELP! :-: https://file.io/K7hcW7Q9bXlu <-----Last 5 Minidump files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-continues-to-occur-on-home-built-pc-please/22b39d71-c3be-4b76-a74e-d48831c1702c
  6. Please help with my pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help with my pc.: Hello. Couple months ago while I was trying download an game, something bad happened to my pc. My search tab isn t working, I can't update my computer and I saw, that I have missing registry files. I tried to restard my pc, but same thing happend while I was trying to update,...
  7. Please help with my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with my pc.: Hello. Couple months ago while I was trying download an game, something bad happened to my pc. My search tab isn t working, I can't update my computer and I saw, that I have missing registry files. I tried to restard my pc, but same thing happend while I was trying to update,...
  8. Please help with my pc.

9. Please help!! Built in mic not working !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help!! Built in mic not working !!: Hey my dudes !! I have run into some issues with my built in microphone for my laptop. I am using an Acer aspire v5 561g and the microphones don't work. It works when I use a headphone but when I unplug the headphone, the buil in microphone doesn't work. Can you suggest me a...
  10. Newly built pc Help! please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc Help! please: Hi, So everything was going great until i tried to install windows 10 from a pre made windows 10 installation usb bought from amazon. error message: Windows failed to start then says.. The operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or...