Windows 10: MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates

Discus and support MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Canon PowerShot G9X which connects wirelessly to my desktop computer for downloading photos, etc. It works flawlessly until the once a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StefanCoetzer, Jul 15, 2018.

1. MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates

I have a Canon PowerShot G9X which connects wirelessly to my desktop computer for downloading photos, etc. It works flawlessly until the once a month Windows 10 update. Then the camera searches for the computer and eventually quits.

After much troubleshooting (gnashing of teeth too) I found the only fix was to remove the computer as device from my camera as well as the camera from my desktop and go through the whole process to get them connected again.

What a nuisance and irritation! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

StefanCoetzer, Jul 15, 2018

2. +Connecting Camera

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before to begin with troubleshooting,I would like
    you to answer the following questions:

• Provide me the make/model of pc and camera?

• Did you get any error message?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1:Update the driver

After the install to Windows 10, the drivers for the camera may have not been Installed. I would suggest that you install the drivers for the camera and check.

a. Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
    “Start”
    icon.

b. Select ‘Device manager’.

c. Expand ‘Camera”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel
    > troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices

follow the instructions.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Not able to download photos from my camera into Windows 10?

Hi Des,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "download photos from my camera", are you referring that are not able to download or copy the pictures from the Camera into the computer?
    • Is the Camera getting recognized on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to import the photos from the Camera to the computer.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Then connect your Camera to the Computer. If you are using SD memory card in the Camera, then you can insert it in the
    SD card reader attaching it to the computer. After that you can copy and paste the contents into the computer.

3. If you are connecting through wire, then you might get Autoplay window on the right side of the screen.

4. Then you can select Import photos and videos. It will copy all the contents from the Camera into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with downloading the pictures from Camera, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 15, 2018
  4. MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates

AutoPlay not working on connecting Coolpix camera to Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to get the notification on connecting the camera to transfer the pictures on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you able to detect the camera connected to the computer in
      File explorer
      ?
    • Did you check if the camera drivers are detected under Device manager?

You may be facing the above issue due to changes in the system Settings. The settings of the system changes when some of the system components are conflicting with the operating system.

Method 1:

Step 1: Check if the camera is detected under File explorer. To check, follow the steps below:

• Connect the camera to the computer and press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.
    • Check if the camera is detected under Device & drives option.

Step 2: If the camera is detected, change the AutoPlay
    settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Devices and click on the AutoPlay
      option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Under Chose AutoPlay defaults, select the option of your choice under
      Removable drive and Memory card.
    • Close the window, connect the device and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to update the camera drivers manually from
    Device manager.

Step 1: Update the camera drivers from Device manager.

• Press Windows log + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Detect the camera drivers under Universal Serial Bus Controller. Check for the exclamation mark (If the exclamation is shown on the driver icon, it means the driver needs updating as the driver may be corrupted or non-updated).
    • Right click on the camera driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-onscreen and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is completed, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: You can also try downloading and installing the latest and most compatible camera device drivers for Windows 10 OS from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates

1. MY camera not able to connect after Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - camera able connect

2. VPN not able to connect after September update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN not able to connect after September update to Windows 11: I have been trying to connect to my works network using Aruba VPN. I haven't had any issues connecting until a couple of weeks ago, after updating Windows 11. After that I keep getting a "Failed to establish secure session code 8949" and after reading a suggestion to look at...
  3. VPN not able to connect after September update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN not able to connect after September update to Windows 11: I have been trying to connect to my works network using Aruba VPN. I haven't had any issues connecting until a couple of weeks ago, after updating Windows 11. After that I keep getting a "Failed to establish secure session code 8949" and after reading a suggestion to look at...
  4. Bluetooth not able to connect after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth not able to connect after update: So, my computer was fine a couple months ago, but one day i closed it and the bluetooth wireless connection just stopped working. A few weeks later i opened it, and when i did it brought me to a black screen asking if i wanted to reboot. i rebooted it and then my wifi started...
  5. Not able to access camera in Zoom with Windows 10 on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to access camera in Zoom with Windows 10 on my laptop: How can I change my privacy settings to use Integrated Camera with Zoom application. Using Windows 10, updated recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-access-camera-in-zoom-with-windows-10/d083cad8-f41e-4057-95a1-ab2d5b193eff
  6. Not able to login in my windows 10 after new update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login in my windows 10 after new update: Hi Team, I am not able to login my account through password on lock screen but same id and password i am able to login on browser but in windows 10 account on lock screen. Only asking for PIN and PIN i already forget. Even i am not getting option of another login button....
  7. Camera after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera after updating to Windows 10: I am wondering why the camera on my HP will not show up on screen. When click on camera all I get is a black screen. I checked the privacy settings and they are set properly. I need some advice as to what to try next. Is there a way to reinstall the camera? Please help....
  8. Not able to connect to wifi after windows 10 update

Not able to connect to wifi after windows 10 update: Hi All, In my HP pavilion 15 notebook pc e3b55pa#acj I'm not able to connect to wifi after an windows 10 latest update To find the issue I did a windows network diagnostics, it shows the below issue "you have no preferred wireless networks"After I tried the below troubleshoot...
  9. Not able to connect to wifi after windows 10 update

Not able to connect to wifi after windows 10 update: Hi All, In my HP pavilion 15 notebook pc e3b55pa#acj I'm not able to connect to wifi after an windows 10 latest update To find the issue I did a windows network diagnostics, it shows the below issue "you have no preferred wireless networks"After I tried the below troubleshoot...
  10. Windows 10 not able to connect

Windows 10 not able to connect: I am trying to connect access files on my Windows 7 pro desktop from my Windows 10 pro laptop. When I do, I get the following message. I cannot do so. [ATTACH] When I try instead to simply access them via Windows Explorer it tells me it cannot access the desktop computer...