Windows 10: My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my issue is that the drive is installed it dose not show errors at all. But when in 'this computer' it dose not show in the list on the side but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by revbarregarye, Oct 11, 2015.

1. My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade

my issue is that the drive is installed it dose not show errors at all. But when in 'this computer' it dose not show in the list on the side but it dose show in the main window. when a disk is place in the drive. it spins but dose nothing. I now have this issue with all 4 computers in my house that i upgraded to windows 10.

I removed the reg info Microsoft said to and it did not work.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
    I even borrowed a external from a friend. But it would not read when plugged into the windows 10 computers

:)

revbarregarye, Oct 11, 2015
  2. asjk Win User

DVD drive will not read disk

My DVD will not read disks after upgrade to Windows 10. Is there a driver update or fix available? Drive is TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L633J

3. CD/DVD Player Not Reading CD or DVD Disks

Since upgrading my desktop to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit my CD/DVD drive (ASUS DRW-24F1ST) can no longer read data from or play CDs or DVDs. It is, however, recognized in Device Manager and is shown as working properly under Properties.
    It also shows up as a drive in This PC. I have tried several audio CDs and DVD movies without success.

I tried a USB external CD/DVD drive (Samsung SE-S084) which I know works with a laptop running Lubuntu and I got the same result as with the ASUS internal drive in the desktop PC. Nothing happens and the inserted disk is unreadable. In addition, I also
    tried the external drive on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Lenovo ThinkPad without an internal CD/DVD drive and I got the same result. The system detects the drive but can not read the data on the inserted disk.

From this I conclude the problem is an issue with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and not the drives. Any ideas? Thanks.

SteveRoman, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade

1. My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - dvd drive has

2. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10: dvd,cd will not read or write after upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-won-read-or-write-after-upgrading-10/49bfd0fd-cdeb-45df-b60a-eb9a40a54b59
  3. DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer: DVD/CD drive can't seem to read disks on my Dell Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-cant-seem-to-read-disks-on-my-dell/4261e56a-ee51-4dc6-ae50-278ed244786c
  4. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  5. CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update

CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update: I have had windows 10 installed on my computer for quite some time and all hardware and devices were working fine. After the latest windows 10 update my DVD Drive is no longer reading CD's . Every time I put in cd in the Drive it ejects it out and a pop up states to...
  6. missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10

missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10: missing cd/dvd drives after upgrading to windows 10pro x64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-cddvd-drives-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/79668c65-8c4a-4e80-b961-0ea6fe0c03c3
  7. DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10

DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no Problems,When I push the button to open the cd/dvd drive it opens,but the disk does not spin every troubleshoot says there is no problem, , and the app associated with the disk just says "Please Insert Disk"... Under Explorer,...
  8. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  9. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading. 2. when I click to dvd drive , appears a dialoge box stating "Insert Disk" . So I am unable to use and cd to read/install any of my software. Also I have...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...