Windows 10: My cd rom opens everytime when windows 10 starts up

Discus and support My cd rom opens everytime when windows 10 starts up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! My problem is, that my cd rom opens when my windows boots up, this only happens with windows 10, never had anything like this before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rocketbucket, Aug 9, 2015.

1. My cd rom opens everytime when windows 10 starts up

Hello everyone!
    My problem is, that my cd rom opens when my windows boots up, this only happens with windows 10, never had anything like this before. It happens sometimes, sometimes not. If this helps: I installed a virtua cd mount program.

:)

rocketbucket, Aug 9, 2015

2. Cant Format hard drive

Morning,,

I upgraded to windows 10 and having a lot of issues. I want to format my hard drive but everytime I reboot hit f9, my cd rom drive is not there. os manager is there. When I hit that it takes me to my windows. I don't have a advanced bios, my cd drive is
    acting up. The boot disk is in there but it is telling me that there is no disk there and door will pop open,. SSince I went to windows 10 cd rom drive is not working, tried deleting it from device manager.

James

JamesO' Conners, Aug 9, 2015
  3. my dvd/cd rom drive is gone?!?!? where did it go???

hi,

I just updated my HP pc to windows 10 about a week ago and everything was fine...but now i started my laptop and went to start a game in witch depends on the dvd/cd rom drive and it said the dvd/cd rom drive was not found ... when i opened the start
    menu and clicked computer it opened how it should but did't show dvd/cd rom dive with my game disk inside. i have no idea as to what might have caused this to happen but it needs to be fixed so please help me out here.

thanks ,

\ jacob

jacob rice57, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

My cd rom opens everytime when windows 10 starts up

1. My cd rom opens everytime when windows 10 starts up - Similar Threads - rom opens everytime

2. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there any way to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you <Changed to a question>...
  3. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you...
  4. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD rom on Window 10: HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you...
  5. CD rom on Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  7. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  8. CD Rom

CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  9. backing up my computer to cd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backing up my computer to cd rom: I have been trying to back up my computer to cds since I bought windows 10 on the day it was offered. I still have not been able. When I try to do a backup it tells me I am not the admin for the computer. I have gone into the settings and made it allowed for everyone in...
  10. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8