Windows 10: My comper clock is 1 hour off. Why?

Discus and support My comper clock is 1 hour off. Why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that the clock in my computer is 1 hour fast. I checked the settings and they all appear correct. The time zone is right, it is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Agunat, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Agunat Win User

My comper clock is 1 hour off. Why?

I just noticed that the clock in my computer is 1 hour fast. I checked the settings and they all appear correct. The time zone is right, it is set to adjust automatically for daylight savings time, and set time automatically is turned on. Any ideas? HELP PLEASE.
    Thanks... Bob

:)

Agunat, Apr 2, 2017

2. Nokia X1 clock delays

A lot of delay!

1 hour takes 8~10 hours.

The clock didnt delay when I inserted one sim card and turn the automatic update off, but when i use two sim cards, the clock delays again.

Even with automatic update off, the clock delays!

Any tip?

Thanks!

Jonatas---01, Apr 2, 2017
  3. wrong time

the same trouble. automatically
    sets to 1 hour more. on / off
    does not help. would not give a damn, but the
    clock is slow every day for 1-2 minutes

IgorAndrianov, Apr 2, 2017
  4. IsaacFL Win User

Mine had the same problem today. I went to the Update Internet Time. Update Now fixed it and now has correct time.

IsaacFL, Apr 2, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Right click on the clock, select adjust date/time.
    Make sure your time zone is set correctly on that screen. On that same screen on the right click on Additional date, time & regional settings.
    On the next screen click Set the time and date.
    Again make sure the time zone is correct, then click on the tab for internet time.
    Click Change Settings.
    In the Server: box, manually enter pool.ntp.org
    Click update now until you get a successful update.

NavyLCDR, Apr 2, 2017
  6. IsaacFL Win User
    Mine was set correctly. It was just off by one hour today. Telling it to update now fixed it, but very strange.

IsaacFL, Apr 2, 2017
  7. Agunat Win User
    I did as you said. I could not find anything that said "check internet time". I manually changed it to the correct time. We'll see how long that lasts. I am going to reboot the computer now. We'll see if that makes any difference.

Thanks... Bob

Agunat, Apr 2, 2017
  8. tonez Win User

sounds like gmt daylight saving time kicked in

tonez, Apr 3, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Actually, GMT/Greenwich Mean Time or UTC/Coordinated Universal Time [sometimes called Zulu] doesn't go to Daylight Savings, stays the same year-around. It's based upon the 0° Longitude line with a 1 hour change for each 15° of Longitude change and some countries make changes when considering economic or political wishes. The 180° Longitude is where a day will change depending upon direction of travel. Due to the number of time zone changes possible, Aviation and Maritime/Shipping nearly always use GMT/UTC as a constant reference.

Berton, Apr 3, 2017
  10. drumnguy Win User
    Exact same problem happened to me today as well. Clock was fine until I went to lunch / errands around 1pm Central. When I came back to my desk at 3pm central, my clock said 4pm. Something weird happened that caused the clock to jump ahead 1 hour.

drumnguy, Apr 3, 2017
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Check also the time in the CMOS (BIOS) - unless your Windows clock is being set by Internet Time the Windows clock will take date and time from the BIOS after a re-boot.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 3, 2017
  12. Agunat Win User
    The clock is supposedly being set off of the einternet. After I manually changed the clock yesterday it is still holding the correct time since then.` We'll see if it holds up. Thanks... Bob

Agunat, Apr 3, 2017
  13. WOT
    WOT Win User

I had the same thing happen and all my settings were absolutely correct.

14. cereberus Win User
    This has been discussed quite a bit - it seems the issue is related to the time.windows.com site playing up.

cereberus, Apr 3, 2017
  15. WOT
    WOT Win User
    I think it may be more than time.windows.com because I had the same problem with time time.nist.gov. I also received a few related notifications in Event Viewer:

My comper clock is 1 hour off.  Why? [​IMG]

Notice the 0x9 at the end of the timeserver address?

Thema:

1. My comper clock is 1 hour off. Why? - Similar Threads - comper clock hour

2. How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes: I have searched for an hour for this and can't find it. Why is it so hard to find? Why is it enabled by default??HOW DO I TURN IT OFF??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-hourly-clock-chimes/edcc6076-0690-42cb-a4aa-6cc29f94580a
  3. How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes: I have searched for an hour for this and can't find it. Why is it so hard to find? Why is it enabled by default??HOW DO I TURN IT OFF??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-hourly-clock-chimes/edcc6076-0690-42cb-a4aa-6cc29f94580a
  4. How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  6. Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock

Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock: DonatL asked this question but it was locked without a sufficient answer he asked: "A week ago I carried out a Windows 10 fresh installed and specified the wrong time offset/zone. I corrected it while logged as an administrator with Set date and time. The clock is auto...
  7. Clock is off by 1 hour???

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is off by 1 hour???: Hi My wife noticed today when I was logging in that my clock on my log in page was shout 2:15PM when in fact it was 1:15PM. I merely thought that when I returned form Japan recently that I must have accidentally selected the wrong time zone but when I checked the time zone...
  8. The clock on my computer is exactly 1 hour behind official time

The clock on my computer is exactly 1 hour behind official time: This seems to have happened after I changed my cpu and ram, but that couldn't be the cause, could it? It's currently 8:54 AM and it's showing as 7:54 AM on my computer. I never changed any settings (the time zone is still set to pacific time, which is correct) Is there any...
  9. Why is my system clock behind by an hour?

Why is my system clock behind by an hour?: I've checked settings and the time zone was already set correctly (Pacific) but for some reason the clock is still behind by an hour. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-system-clock-behind-by-an-hour/d6377687-fc09-4e1c-bc4e-ecf5c9316c84
  10. System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow

System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow: System clock problem windows 10 System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow Tried synchronise but it gives error. Also with sync off. Also tried time.nist.gov got same error Can you sync with the UK national physical labs(NPL) they set time locally Tried using a different...