Windows 10: My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

Discus and support My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tosha UwU, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Tosha UwU Win User

My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I check my event logger I get these errors. "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.""The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the s

:)

Tosha UwU, Dec 7, 2023
  2. zbook Win User

distinguishing Windows version / build and black screen

Three users tried.

These are the current problems:

black screen with
    Personal Settings (not responding) > when clicked >Windows explorer pop up displaying;

Windows explorer is not responding
    If you close the program, you might lose information

when closed there is a black screen

win + control + shift + b > makes sound and mouse flickers > screen remains black

Was able to get into safe mode with black screen but did not find a method to open device manager

See registry steps in this link:
    How to fix Windows 10 personalized settings not responding - Win10 FAQ

Wondering whether to take chances with the registry steps (no backup image)

zbook, Dec 7, 2023
  3. PC screen remains blank. "black"

The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen.

rashmiranjan1, Dec 7, 2023
  4. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

1. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on - Similar Threads - computer black screens

2. Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on: I've got a problem that started today. My PC just randomly displays black screen but it's still working and not restarting. I have to hard restart it sometimes it takes a few restarts to get my display working again.Blackscreen happens whenever I use multiple browsers or play...
  3. Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while using PC but the computer remains turned on: I've got a problem that started today. My PC just randomly displays black screen but it's still working and not restarting. I have to hard restart it sometimes it takes a few restarts to get my display working again.Blackscreen happens whenever I use multiple browsers or play...
  4. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on: My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I...
  5. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on: My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I...
  6. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  7. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  8. PC Black screening whilst gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Black screening whilst gaming.: Hello, for the last week or two my PC has been going to black screen every single time I try and play a game of League of Legends. The PC remains on, but I can't see or hear anything and am forced to use the power button.I have spent a week trying to troubleshoot this issue,...
  9. My computers monitor loses signal, but PC remains on

My computers monitor loses signal, but PC remains on: Recently I have been having a problem where my PC will lose signal randomly after around 10-20 minutes of starting it. My monitor says it lost connection while my computer is still on. Whenever I press the power button, it does nothing, even when I hold it down. The only way...
  10. PC screen remains blank. "black"

PC screen remains blank. "black": The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen....