Windows 10: My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

Discus and support My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kuzota, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Kuzota Win User

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming computer so I'd imagine so. Anyways, I dug up a wifi extender and plugged it into that because I can't plug it into my router due to it being in the other room and can not be put into my room. The extender came up on it but wouldn't connect to wifi so I gave up on that. Can anyone please help me I really wanna use my computer?
    the specs are: asus prime b250m-k gaming lga 1151 mATX motherboard
    intel core i5 7500 quad core lga 1151 3.4 ghz CPU processor
    Kingston 8gb kvr21n15s8/8 DDR4-2133mhz non-ecc cl 15
    asus expedition GeForce GTX 1060 ti esports gaming graphics card 4gbGDDR5 OC
    Antec 550w true power classic 80plus gold. Up to 92% efficiency 2x high current +12v rail
    western digital blue 1tb SATA3 HDD 64M caviar blue WD10EZEX
    kingston 240gb ssd 2.5in ssdnow uv400
    coolermaster NSE-300-KKN2 black usb3.0 NO PSU
    LG H24NS SATA 24X+- super multi DVDR black oem
    Microsoft windows 10 home 64bit OEM DVD

the guy at the store also said to wait a couple days for it to update everything but nothing updated/installed

:)

Kuzota, Oct 6, 2017

2. Wi-Fi connection breaking since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Please reply, did you check if similar issue persists on connecting to internet via Ethernet cable?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to access steady internet on connecting via Ethernet cable on the computer.

Write to us with the status of intermittent internet connection on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 6, 2017
  3. Wi-Fi problems with internal network

My installation consists of the following:

Desktop computer connected to internet router via an Ethernet cable.

Laptop connected to internet router via Wi-Fi using one of two methods:

Using the Wi-Fi broadcast from the internet router itself

Using the Wi-Fi broadcast from a dLan AV wireless which is connected to the original internet router via an Ethernet cable.

The dLan installation is a powerline unit with the sender plugged into the room where the internet router is based and the receiver/Ethernet/Wi-Fi unit plugged into a socket in the room where the laptop is used.

My backup drive is a Seagate GoFlex Home unit which is connected to the internet router via an Ethernet cable.

When my old laptop was working on Windows 7 I was able to run back up via either of my two Wi-Fi options. My new Windows 10 (home) laptop can be connected to the back up drive if I connect an Ethernet cable between the laptop and the dLan AV receiver in
    the room however if I try to connect via either of the two Wi-Fi options I cannot find the backup drive nor can I create a network in order to add it.

I hope that this clarifies the problem.

Regards,

SouthEssex, Oct 6, 2017
  4. Kuzota Win User

I clicked view your network properties and it says my network description is: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I hope it helps

Kuzota, Oct 6, 2017
  5. Your cable or connector might be damaged, try to play with it a little/move it/hold it in, when Windows is running.

TairikuOkami, Oct 6, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Welcome to the forum. Open a cmd prompt then type

Ipconfig /all

Post results it sounds as if you don't have WiFi . If that's the case you will need to either buy a WiFi USB or get power line adapters to get Ethernet in the room

Samuria, Oct 6, 2017
  7. Kuzota Win User
    So do I have to use a cable? Shouldn't I be able to do it wirelessly?
    and it's not the cable because I used it for something else before

Kuzota, Oct 6, 2017
  8. Kuzota Win User

It's a gaming pc and I asked them to make it so I can play games online so I'm pretty sure it has wifi, I'll edit the original post and put the specs in

Kuzota, Oct 6, 2017
  9. Kuzota Win User
    I typed ipconfig /all
    what's it supposed to do?

Kuzota, Oct 6, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    List all adaptors - post image as asked.

TBH - I am a little gob smacked that you have such a powerful pc, when it seems you do not understand basics. It is like trying to drive a turbo-charged V8 Jaguar whilst still a learner driver.

cereberus, Oct 6, 2017
  11. sml156 Win User
    Lets simplify this a little.

1:Copy the text below
    Code: ipconfig /all | clip[/quote] 2:Open a command prompt and and right click, This will paste the text you copied above into the command prompt, press enter. Note: if you press the left mouse button in the command prompt it will delete the text and you will have start over.
    3:Come back to the forum when you reply right click then select paste.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable - Similar Threads - computer can't connect

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  6. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  7. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  8. Can't connect to internet via ethernet after computer restart

Can't connect to internet via ethernet after computer restart: Computer is a Cyberpower Tracer III laptop running 64 bit Windows 10 with an Intel Core i7-9750H processor and a Realtek PCI-e GbE family ethernet controller. Every time the computer is restarted, I need to disable then re-enable the wired ethernet adapter before I can...
  9. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work: Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd...
  10. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!