Windows 10: My computer does not keep correct time

Discus and support My computer does not keep correct time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Where do I post if I am having trouble with keeping the correct time on my Dell OptiPlex 745 PC with Windows 10 (1607)? 102626 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Writer, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Writer Win User

My computer does not keep correct time

Where do I post if I am having trouble with keeping the correct time on my Dell OptiPlex 745 PC with Windows 10 (1607)?

:)

Writer, Jan 17, 2018

2. Windows update client - cannot connect to service...0x80072F8F

Does your computer keep the correct time without the need for correction?

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 17, 2018
  3. Andrewtyz Win User
    My time on my computer is correct but web sites say its wrong. any help please!?

Thank you i set (set time automatically and day light on) now its perfect see >> Screenshot

but i think doing (set time zone automatically) doesn't work see here >>> Screenshot

Any way thanks look like what helped was the (day light) setting.

Again thank you for your help.

Andrewtyz, Jan 17, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Its either your cmos battery died and needs a new one or you have a connection to the wrong time server which will reset it when you connect

Samuria, Jan 17, 2018
  5. Writer Win User
    @Samuria

I know how to change the CMOS Battery, and I've got a new one. I'll wait, though, until I find out about the Time Server.

How can I check to know if I am connected to the wrong time server?

Thanks for the DNS figures you gave me yesterday. I put them in. A couple of other things were done at about the same time (Windows Updates, for example), so it's difficult to say to what extent they helped. However, I have been able to access the Internet successfully since adding the new DNS figures.

Writer, Jan 17, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 17, 2018
  7. Writer Win User
    @Brink

I set the computer to synchronize with a server as per Option One in the Tutorial; it reset the time automatically. Thanks for the tip.

Question: Is there some way to access the BIOS Time Settings without restarting the computer and tapping on F-2 to get the Setup Page?

Question 2: Is there a separate time-clock in Windows 10 other than that coming from the server?

Writer, Jan 17, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 17, 2018
  9. Writer Win User
    @Brink

I was able to set all of the clocks: Server, BIOS, & in Windows 10.

Thanks for all of the tips.

Writer, Jan 17, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer does not keep correct time - Similar Threads - computer does keep

2. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer does not boot correctly.: Hello everyone! The reason for this is because I have been getting quite frustrated by a small problem with my PC booting up. I say the word "small" because it is something that does not interfere with the functionality of Windows. Once the computer boots, everything runs...
  3. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer does not boot correctly.: Hello everyone! The reason for this is because I have been getting quite frustrated by a small problem with my PC booting up. I say the word "small" because it is something that does not interfere with the functionality of Windows. Once the computer boots, everything runs...
  4. My computer does not boot correctly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. my computer does not show the correct location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not show the correct location: my computer does not show the correct location which means I can't get on my draftkings account and others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-show-the-correct-location/5fbdda39-74a1-4a95-aeb0-f3b252df406c
  6. my computer does not show the correct location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not show the correct location: my computer does not show the correct location which means I can't get on my draftkings account and others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-show-the-correct-location/5fbdda39-74a1-4a95-aeb0-f3b252df406c
  7. My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi does not work correctly on my computer: my computer runs windows 10 I am able to use wifi but I can't run It well. I know it's not the router because it's a great router and until today it was running great and it still runs fine on all of my devices. I can search the web though it is slow but when I try and run...
  8. Windows 10 is not keeping the correct time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is not keeping the correct time: I recently built a computer and everything is working fine, but when I put my computer to sleep or turn it off the time stops. So, when I wake the computer from sleeping, the time shows when it went to sleep. Updated the bios on my motherboard and did several things in...
  9. Setting correct time on computer!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting correct time on computer!: I was told I could have correct time & Zone set by Microsoft Automatically! How do I do that!! Everywhere I go it asked for Administrator Acct.! For the 50,000th time We don't know it...was never told or shown where to look..This is only since upgrading to Windows 10.. My...
  10. Setting correct time on computer!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting correct time on computer!: I was told I could have correct time & Zone set by Microsoft Automatically! How do I do that!! Everywhere I go it asked for Administrator Acct.! For the 50,000th time We don't know it...was never told or shown where to look..This is only since upgrading to Windows 10.. My...