Windows 10: My computer does not show up in the network

Discus and support My computer does not show up in the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NancyAltman, Jul 11, 2018.

1. My computer does not show up in the network

In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but not as a computer, and it doesn't show up as a computer on my other computers, either. Sometimes it will show up as an "unknown" device, but NEVER as a computer. HELP!

:)

NancyAltman, Jul 11, 2018

2. No computers show in Network

If we understood it correctly, the computers still do not show the Network tab after troubleshooting computer B. You may be correct that the firewall is blocking the network connection. You can try resetting the firewall settings and see if the issue will
    still persist. Follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type CMD.
    • Right-click the Command Prompt from the search result and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: netshadvfirewall reset and press
      Enter
    • Once you are done, restart your PC.

We will wait for your update about the result.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 11, 2018
  4. My computer does not show up in the network

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

My computer does not show up in the network partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

My computer does not show up in the network

1. My computer does not show up in the network - Similar Threads - computer does show

2. Devices / Computers not showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices / Computers not showing up in Network: For some reason I can't see any computers on the network anymore, not even my own PC. It used to work just fine, but now nothing is showing up inside the Network 0 items and I didn't changed anything at all I didn't installed any new program, didn't update/remove any...
  3. Devices / Computers not showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices / Computers not showing up in Network: For some reason I can't see any computers on the network anymore, not even my own PC. It used to work just fine, but now nothing is showing up inside the Network 0 items and I didn't changed anything at all I didn't installed any new program, didn't update/remove any...
  4. Networked computer not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  5. The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network

The Win 10 computer I am on does not show up on network: In my private home workgroup, I have three Win 10 computers: two desktops and one laptop. From my desktop, I can see my laptop and my wife's desktop computer, but my desktop does not show up in the network folder or on the file explorer...
  6. Home Network Computers Not Showing Up

Home Network Computers Not Showing Up: I have my laptop and PC connected to the same network for file sharing, however my PC refuses to show up the network even when opening the network tab from the PC itself, even though it does show the laptop. While trying to fix this problem, someone recommended doing a...
  7. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  8. My computer wont show up as a computer on my network

My computer wont show up as a computer on my network: I have a windows 10 gateway pc and a windows10 hp desktop, the gateway is a little older but it still is on windows 10. My hp is pretty new and theres some files I need off of my gateway but on the network it only comes up as a media device, so I cant get my files. The...
  9. Computers not showing up on network

Computers not showing up on network: I have a network of 5 computers- are on Private Networks, but 4 computers recognize 4 computers but not the 5th, while the 5th computer recognizes all 5 computers. I can't map any network drive to 5th since it isn't recognized on the list. Also, don't know if this matters,...
  10. Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery

Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery: So, I have had this issue since 1709 and 1803 hasn't fixed the issue. So I have a Mac Pro set up as a server, and on my Surface I can see the shares and access it just fine. But when I go to my Gaming Computer which is all connected to the same network it can't seem to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer doesnt show up on network

2. network does not show up

3. should my computer show in the network