Windows 10: My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB

Discus and support My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this. I must first apologize in advance if any of you think this is a computer problem rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Croyante, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Croyante Win User

My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I must first apologize in advance if any of you think this is a computer problem rather than a Windows 10 problem. What I do know is that before I upgraded to Windows 10, there was always a box under (what is now) the heading "This PC". If I connected anything to the computer via a USB cable the computer would automatically recognize it and I would be able to transfer files.

Basically, I have a USB cable that I am using to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my computer, an Acer Aspire. When I plug them into each other nothing happens. There is no pop-up window on my computer that even registers that the device is connected. I've tried multiple times to click the "This PC" button to see if the phone is connected, but it actually seems to be reading other devices around me and asking if I want to connect to them.

I would have used Cortana to ask for help, but unfortunately I'm having a serious problem with the fact that every single little thing I want to do from the desktop (you know, all the cool new apps or whatnot) requires me to sign into my microsoft account. Unfortunately for me, I created my account so long ago that the verification email they send your forgotten password to I have actually been locked out of because I don't know the password for that, and cannot have the security code sent to my phone since they have a very old number.

In any case, hopefully this is a Windows 10 bug so I won't have wasted your time.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Croyante, Aug 28, 2015

2. "BLU WIN HD" phone connect to a TV

Hi, How do I connect my cell phone to a TV? I have tried HDMI adapter but the TV doesn't recognize the cell phone as a HDMI device.

Kai Osmon(2), Aug 28, 2015
  3. Jim9088 Win User
    My Bluetooth cannot be enabled or is missing

My computer no longer recognizes my cell phone-even when plugged into one of its usb ports.

Computer: HP Pavilion m/n 500/C60...AMD 6-5200 APU with GPU....16 G DRAM....win 10 version 1709, build 16299.19

cell Nexus 5X

The cell phone does not appear as a device in the device manager, Bluetooth does not appear in the device manager, or the action center. I tried to use the connect button in the action center. My phone is plugged into the computer thru a USB cable, and phone
    bluetooth is turned on. Neither wil discover the other, even tho I downloaded miracast to my cell. What can I do?

Jim9088, Aug 28, 2015
  4. mirkorm Win User

Have you tried to install the driver from the manufacturer's website?

mirkorm, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Try using Samsung's Kies 3. I had similar problems with my Samsung GS5 at first, but after I installed Kies 3, it automatically installed the latest Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers, and it's worked without problems ever since.

Plus, once you get those drivers installed, you can then connect without using Kies 3 -- if you choose to do that.

Mark Phelps, Aug 28, 2015
  6. rvbfan Win User
    You have it set to USB debugging mode?

rvbfan, Aug 28, 2015
  7. rvbfan Win User
Thema:

1. My computer doesn't recognize my cell phone that's connected with USB - Similar Threads - computer doesn't recognize

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Computer doesn't recognize or connect to phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't recognize or connect to phone: 04/17/21 I purchased this computer a couple of months ago. I installed it about 3 weeks ago. HP keeps updating & restarting. Microsoft says phone companion installed but doesn't recognize the phone. I have looked at all the programs on device manager, they say everything is...
  4. PC doesn't recognize my phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC doesn't recognize my phone: Hello everyone.Today i saw that my PC doesn't see my S10 when i plug it on usb but it sees my J5 phone.I tried everything but nothing worked can somebody help? submitted by /u/Meapxd [link] [comments]...
  5. My computer Doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer Doesn't recognize headphones: I checked already that on my phone, my headphones work, but not on computer. Just yesterday absolutely was fine, I didn't even download anything noticeable. I've checked a ton of videos on youtube and some website tips, where I found somewhere 9 different methods, but no...
  6. My computer doesn't recognize any USB drivers...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer doesn't recognize any USB drivers...: I cant access any of my older USB drivers. Any suggestions? They are listed under drivers but I cant access the content of them. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-doesnt-recognize-any-usb-drivers/bb4e9391-14f6-4d7b-80bf-e1e8f66eb2d6
  7. my computer doesn't recognize any USB connection

my computer doesn't recognize any USB connection: my computer doesn't recognize any USB connection and even if i turn off hidden devices my ports doesn't exist i want to connect my nodeMCU and i have a problem with the port which it needs...
  8. Windows 10 does not recognize my Galaxy S9 cell phone

Windows 10 does not recognize my Galaxy S9 cell phone: Windows 10 no longer recognizes completely my Samsung Galaxy S9 telephone. On 9/30/2018 I bought a new laptop PC. I began to sync music from my library to the phone via Windows Media Player on 10/1. On 10/3 Cumulative Windows Update Version 1803 for X64-based systems...
  9. my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my home-wifi connection is insecure according to my cell phone: Hi, I have a new cell phone (Samsung A8) and it considers my wifi connection public, therfore not secure. As far as I know, my wifi is private, only my sister in my neighborhood, my wife and I use it. My modem is D-link DCM-704 What can be the problem? Thanks in advance...
  10. Cell phone USB connection issues

Cell phone USB connection issues: Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My phone is running Android 5 and my laptop Windows 10. When I connect my phone to my laptop, it often will connect and disconnect...