Windows 10: My computer freezes up and I have to turn it off to reboot it

Discus and support My computer freezes up and I have to turn it off to reboot it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP All in one computer has been freezing up. I have to turn it off and then back on to reboot it. This has been happening a couple of times a day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tim1442, Jul 29, 2018.

1. tim1442 Win User

My computer freezes up and I have to turn it off to reboot it

My HP All in one computer has been freezing up. I have to turn it off and then back on to reboot it.

This has been happening a couple of times a day. I purchased it new in April 2018

What is causing this and what can I do to correct it.

:)

tim1442, Jul 29, 2018

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Jul 29, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer freezes up and I have to turn it off to reboot it - Similar Threads - computer freezes turn

2. my computer has been freezing up and locking up lately. I am forced to turn off the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer has been freezing up and locking up lately. I am forced to turn off the...: As the title states, I don't know why this continues to persists but I've been trying to find as many options to help with the issue and there's no fixing the issue. I thought it could be a power management issue or things like that but I can't seem to figure out the problem...
  3. my computer has been freezing up and locking up lately. I am forced to turn off the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer has been freezing up and locking up lately. I am forced to turn off the...: As the title states, I don't know why this continues to persists but I've been trying to find as many options to help with the issue and there's no fixing the issue. I thought it could be a power management issue or things like that but I can't seem to figure out the problem...
  4. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  5. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  6. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. have to reboot from turn off mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    have to reboot from turn off mode: have to reboot every time after being turned off pc desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-to-reboot-from-turn-off-mode/5dc8c86f-6b78-4e89-a83f-568aee816e32
  8. I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.

I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.: Whenever I click the shut down option, it proceeds to say “shutting down” as usual, but it doesn’t turn off completely. The monitor goes dark, as it should, but the processor fan stays on as well as the LEDs if I had them turned on and the power button, the one you use to...
  9. lost setting on computer management when i reboot or turn off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost setting on computer management when i reboot or turn off my computer: I try to apply some settings on computer management and it is working perfectly but when i reset or turn off my computer i lost all of them. can somebody give me any idea why ? Regards...
  10. Windows 10 freezes up and I have to reboot

Windows 10 freezes up and I have to reboot: I have a brand new computer. It came with Win 8.1 and I accepted the Windows 10 free upgrade. Have had this HP computer now for 11 days and it has froze up exactly 4 times. When it freezes I cannot do anything- ctr+alt+delete does not work, and the esc key does not work. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with computer freezing up and have to be rebooted