Windows 10: My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this?

Discus and support My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I wasn't having any issues with the display before till I turned it on. There is a black bar on the side of the screen that pushes everything on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xtreameGamer, Jun 25, 2016.

1. My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this?

I wasn't having any issues with the display before till I turned it on. There is a black bar on the side of the screen that pushes everything on the desktop to the side. I don't know what this is or why it's doing this. This was a windows 7, downloaded the windows 10 OS.

Is there anyway I can fix this? I've went through the display settings and nothing is out of order. I have yet to restore it and I wish not to but any suggestions will do.
    Thank you very much.
    When I PRT SC it doesn't show the bar. so but you can tell by the squished screen.

My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this? [​IMG]

:)

xtreameGamer, Jun 25, 2016
  2. lcor Win User

windows 10

I just upgraded to windows 10 but it doesn't fit my computer screen. I have about a 3 inch black bar on the right side and the writing starts off screen on the left. It has to be shifted to the right somehow. Can someone please tell me how to fix this.

3. Screen has a black bar on the left hand side

Hi Keithx,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

In order to assist you in a better way please answer the below questions.

1. Do you get any error message?

2. What is the make and model of your PC?

3. Did you install the display driver after you upgraded to Windows 10?

Meanwhile follow the below method and check if it helps:

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Also check if the drivers are up to date.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this?

Could you perhaps take a pic with a phone or something cuz I can't see what you mean?

Edwin, Jun 25, 2016
  5. My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this? [​IMG]

There is nothing damaged to the display. So I don't know why it's doing this. I was on my laptop not to long ago and it worked perfectly fine until I turned it on. Even before the login screen its there.

6. Edwin New Member
    Looks as though your resolution is not set to it's native/recommended setting.

Edwin, Jun 25, 2016
  7. It is, that was the first setting I went through was the display settings. Nothing is changed or needs to be changed. I've even messed around with it a bit to try and get it off there and it still wont change anything.

8. Edwin New Member

Try moving the taskbar to the bottom then restart explorer;

maybe also, make sure your background is set to 'Fill':

(over and above that, I'd say it's a display driver issue)

Edwin, Jun 25, 2016
  9. I did everything and it still wouldn't fix it...
    So I went ahead and restored it and so far it seems to have fixed the problem.

10. I know it has something to do with the display. Maybe the OS was unfamiliar with your monitor. It would explain why the screenshot wasn't showing the black bar. I'd keep trying to figure it out, cause I know Windows 10 is pretty good for gaming performance-wise. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, but if it isn't in the display settings, try updating your Graphics Card Drivers in Device Manager.

Dylanrules22, Jun 25, 2016
  11. Excuse my typos. I'm on Mobile. TenForums really should have a Win10M app

Dylanrules22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer has a black bar on the side, how can I fix this? - Similar Threads - computer has black

2. My computer went black. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer went black. How can I fix this?: I was having a great time when suddenly my computer which is a Lenovo T450s Windows 10 pro turn full black that I can’t see anything except for my mouse which was loading, how can I fix this because I need for urgent purposes....
  3. My computer went black. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer went black. How can I fix this?: I was having a great time when suddenly my computer which is a Lenovo T450s Windows 10 pro turn full black that I can’t see anything except for my mouse which was loading, how can I fix this because I need for urgent purposes....
  4. My computer went black. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen: My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen. I installed a program named spacedesk and as soon as i installed it i got the black bars. How do I fix this. I have uninstalled the program now and I still have the problem....
  6. How can I fix my laptop when it has a black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I fix my laptop when it has a black screen: Can anyone help me my laptop has a black screen and i don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-laptop-when-it-has-a-black-screen/8d75d452-85a1-40f7-8d5a-aff349fbbf9e
  7. Black bar on the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black bar on the right side of the screen: I just loaded up my new PC yesterday and I have a 1600 x 900 monitor and I have the setting on 1600 x 900 to fit it yet it's still going off to the side. I've done everything I can think off and it still hasn't worked at all....
  8. How can i fix windows side by side error?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i fix windows side by side error?: Hi i need a little bit of help. When trying to open league of legends it says that the application has failed to start because its side by side config is incorrect. Ive looked at videos on it but the methods have failed to work. Ive tried to download visual c++ to fix it but...
  9. computer screen has black bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer screen has black bar: My computer screen is black on the left. My display is not going all the way to the edges of the monitor. How do I fix this? I Can't find the setting....
  10. Black Bars on side of Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Bars on side of Monitor: Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz please help, thanks! 98811