Windows 10: My computer is being reconfigured remotely

Discus and support My computer is being reconfigured remotely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer keeps being invaded and reconfigured. My Admin permissions have been altered to deny me access to my own system. I am unable to admin log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinMeredith, Aug 26, 2018.

1. My computer is being reconfigured remotely

My computer keeps being invaded and reconfigured. My Admin permissions have been altered to deny me access to my own system. I am unable to admin log into my own router. How can I retake control of my computer?

:)

KevinMeredith, Aug 26, 2018
  2. lbeck Win User

Can I start a computer remotely?

It occurs to me that maybe I'm working on the wrong computer. Possibly the remote computer is configured properly and the problem is with the computer sending the wake-up call.

Can someone recommend a step-by-step protocol for pinging or sending a wake up command to the remote computer?

Thanks

lbeck, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

My computer is being reconfigured remotely

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

My computer is being reconfigured remotely

1. My computer is being reconfigured remotely - Similar Threads - computer being reconfigured

2. Is my computer being remote controlled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  3. Is my computer being remote controlled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  4. My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program: I was downloading games from the internet. I tried to open one of the games, and it did not work. It was some sort of .bat file supposed to manually download the game. Now that I come to think of it, it was clearly very dumb.A couple of weeks later I get a pop up, an...
  5. My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program

My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program: I was downloading games from the internet. I tried to open one of the games, and it did not work. It was some sort of .bat file supposed to manually download the game. Now that I come to think of it, it was clearly very dumb.A couple of weeks later I get a pop up, an...
  6. My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer: Hello, I recently fixed one problem I had been having with Windows Defender where it would freeze my computer but suddenly a new problem reared its ugly head. Every time I turn on my computer very soon after it will freeze, my mouse is still able to interact with windows but...
  8. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer: Hello, I recently fixed one problem I had been having with Windows Defender where it would freeze my computer but suddenly a new problem reared its ugly head. Every time I turn on my computer very soon after it will freeze, my mouse is still able to interact with windows but...
  9. Help. I think my computer being remotely accessed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help. I think my computer being remotely accessed.: I believe i've been hacked remotely by someone who has had access to my computer, Is there anyway to check so that i know for sure? The reason why I think this is because of all these devices being added onto my computer. i don't use VM ware. I don't know half of these...
  10. What drivers are being used for remote access to my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What drivers are being used for remote access to my computer?: A lot of them contain the name root and my ex has gotten into my network so trying to get him off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-drivers-are-being-used-for-remote-access-to/588d1735-c5e6-4264-ab39-a650fa5e0a7d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to know if my laptop has been reconfigured or has new hardware