Windows 10: My computer keeps completely freezing

Discus and support My computer keeps completely freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's been about a week since the problem has started and I should mentioned this a new computer I built for the purpose of gaming. When I first had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SavageManatee15, Aug 11, 2018.

1. My computer keeps completely freezing

It's been about a week since the problem has started and I should mentioned this a new computer I built for the purpose of gaming. When I first had the problem I was playing a game called Black Desert Online and since then it freezes 5-10 after depending on what I am doing. The freezing however does not happen in safe mode with networking.

I have updated the drivers, tried a new psu, deleted my temp files, watched my temps as it crashes(always staying in safe ranges), cleared my hard drive and fresh installed windows.

Im starting to think this may be a hardware problem but unsure of what part it is.

:)

SavageManatee15, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 11, 2018
  3. aries117 Win User
    Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Aug 11, 2018
  4. My computer keeps completely freezing

PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

My computer keeps completely freezing

1. My computer keeps completely freezing - Similar Threads - computer keeps completely

2. Computer irregularily freezes completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer irregularily freezes completely: Hello,My windows 10 installation freezes sometimes.It is usually in 3 steps : first, a series of small freezes of 1 to 3 seconds, then the displays freezes completely not the sound except the cursor, and then everything.When everything is frozen, nothing can be done :...
  3. Computer irregularily freezes completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer irregularily freezes completely: Hello,My windows 10 installation freezes sometimes.It is usually in 3 steps : first, a series of small freezes of 1 to 3 seconds, then the displays freezes completely not the sound except the cursor, and then everything.When everything is frozen, nothing can be done :...
  4. Computer freezes but not completely

Computer freezes but not completely: Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and...
  5. My computer keeps freezing...

My computer keeps freezing...: Hello, It appears that my 2015 Acer Aspire ES1-512 has chosen to just give up on me and freeze for no reason. This was after the 20H2 update but seems to occur now no matter the operating system. How do I know this? After some research, I concluded that the Windows...
  6. Computer completely freezing

Computer completely freezing: My computer has started to freeze randomly whenever I am doing something such as playing a game or browsing the Web. This issue has only been happening for a few days. I did have new internet installed a week ago but I can't see how that will cause my PC to freeze. Does...
  7. Computer complete freeze up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer complete freeze up: For the past 2 weeks or so I’ve had this problem happen about once or twice a week (happened around 3-4 times so far) where my whole computer goes unresponsive. I am not sure if this is caused by the latest windows update(KB4571756 I believe) or if its my computer, I am...
  8. My computer keeps freezing

My computer keeps freezing: I have Windows 10 and my computer is freezing. It is a new computer so I am confused as to why this would be happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing/492eaedf-f0bb-4217-81f6-24f672e4daeb
  9. Chrome COMPLETLY freezes computer

Chrome COMPLETLY freezes computer: Hi Since the last major update of windows, opening google chrome from the chrome application as caused constent freezing of the system. it started by chrome suddently stopping to work and freezing the computer. HOWEVER, now any opening of a chrome tab completely freezes...
  10. my computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer keeps freezing: Brand new computers keep freezing because of updates. This downs the computer for days at times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing/a42a805a-8b92-4658-a845-683988ad76b3