Windows 10: My computer restarts after getting an error

Discus and support My computer restarts after getting an error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm currently using an Asus Vivobook for my college purposes and recently I keep getting an error. My laptop suddenly freezes and displays a blue... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jawalitha, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Jawalitha Win User

My computer restarts after getting an error

I'm currently using an Asus Vivobook for my college purposes and recently I keep getting an error. My laptop suddenly freezes and displays a blue screen saying "Watch dog violation error" and then restarts, sometimes even the touchpad stops working after getting this error and sometimes it starts working again after getting the same error. I even repaired and reinstalled windows 10 but i'm still getting the same error. PLEASE HELP !!!

:)

Jawalitha, Jul 27, 2018

2. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Computer restarts itself NO ERROR

Hi Rassias,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

What is the make and model of your computer?

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue.
    Use the information in this document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly

Follow the steps in this section, in order, until the problem is resolved.

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the
    Automatically restart option is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.

Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

Figure : System Properties window

My computer restarts after getting an error c04778888.jpg

• Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under
      System Failure, then click OK.
    • Figure : Automatically restart check box
      My computer restarts after getting an error c04778889.jpg

• Restart the computer.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 27, 2018
  4. shk021051 Win User

blue error and restart

my computer sometime show blue error and restart*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:
    what is it error?*Confused My computer restarts after getting an error :confused:
    tanks

shk021051, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer restarts after getting an error - Similar Threads - computer restarts getting

2. How to restart the computer after getting Blue Screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restart the computer after getting Blue Screen?: After I downloaded a software I run into Blue Screen. But now I cannot log in to my computer to uninstall the app. I cannot even shut down my computer, it's On. I scanned the QR code, as I cannot move from the Blue screen, I basically cannot do anything. What to do now?...
  3. My computer randomly fezees and after i restart it get stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer randomly fezees and after i restart it get stuck: My computer randomly frezees and after i restart it get stuck. I tried go to troubleshoot but after i restart the computer it gets stuck on logo forever.I tried to scan the computer for viruses and after a while i get bluescreen...I also tried to boot into safe mode or close...
  4. My computer randomly fezees and after i restart it get stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer randomly fezees and after i restart it get stuck: My computer randomly frezees and after i restart it get stuck. I tried go to troubleshoot but after i restart the computer it gets stuck on logo forever.I tried to scan the computer for viruses and after a while i get bluescreen...I also tried to boot into safe mode or close...
  5. My computer get restarted after goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer get restarted after goes to sleep.: Good day to everyone, since 2 weeks ago I am having an issue with the sleep mode in my laptop, at the beginning, I started having an issue with my fingerprint unlock, after I resolved it I had an issue with my wifi, the computer shoes that the adaptor had some issue, and...
  6. The computer has restarted after an error check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The computer has restarted after an error check: Hello I have 4 stations that are restarting every 2 days randomly Windows 10 Entreprise Version 10.0.17763 Numero 17763 please find below events from one of the stations L’ordinateur a redémarré après une vérification d’erreur. La vérification d’erreur était :...
  7. I can't get into my computer after a restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get into my computer after a restart.: I was on a Discord call and noticed my mic stopped working. I switched to another mic and it still wasn't working. After looking at a few settings, I decided to restart my computer to see if that would fix it. Now whenever I turn it on, it's telling me "Something happened and...
  8. I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors: This started after Microsoft installed updates and one of your techs had to help with m y Microsoft office issue that arose at that same time. The Microsoft office issue is solved but now this keeps restarting my computer at very inconvenient times. Help [IMG]...
  9. My computer won’t restart after this

My computer won’t restart after this: So when I use my computer and I restart it, it just pop up this error and there is no way to escape this error [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-restart-after-this/8118de12-c064-45b8-8c77-f515faa154ab
  10. Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error

Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error: I was watching a video on Microsoft Edge and suddenly, my computer bluescreened. Soon it was at %100, but it wouldn't restart. It was stuck saying it was at %100. My sister's computer doesn't ever even get the BSOD. I had to cold boot my computer to boot it up again. Could...