Windows 10: My computer says I am in Romania!

Discus and support My computer says I am in Romania! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I go to an online store checkout page the country is often pre-filled with Romania it occasionally happens in other circumstances too - I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Jul 19, 2016.

1. My computer says I am in Romania!

Whenever I go to an online store checkout page the country is often pre-filled with Romania it occasionally happens in other circumstances too - I am in Spain! What could be causing the confusion. I use Google Chrome Canary.

:)

rafikiphoto, Jul 19, 2016

2. I am the only account on my computer, IT SAYS I AM NOT THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR HOW DO I CHANGE THAT

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I will be glad to you help you.

I suggest you follow this methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable built-In Administrator account

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Select Command prompt (Admin).

3. Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

4. Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Method 2: Try creating new account and check if the issue persists.

you may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Rakesh

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 19, 2016
  3. I am the only account on my computer, IT SAYS I AM NOT THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR HOW DO I CHANGE THAT

I can't save any documents to my computer because it says I need to contact the system administrator although I am listed as the administrator and there are no other accounts on my computer.

DarthCaedus, Jul 19, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

My computer says I am in Romania!

spunk, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Your country is picked based on your IP, so if you have a public IP or use proxy/VPN, it can happen.

Share your location on Chrome - Chrome Help

You can actually tell Windows, where you live exactly by setting your location.
    Settings - Privacy - Location - Set Default - Find yourself on the map - Set.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My computer says I am in Romania!

1. My computer says I am in Romania! - Similar Threads - computer says Romania

2. I am trying to update windows because I am on a old version and it says my computer is up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to update windows because I am on a old version and it says my computer is up...: I am on Windows 10 Version 1607 and it wont let me update due to me being "up to date" I have attemped to restart multiple times and nothing has worked....
  3. I am trying to update windows because I am on a old version and it says my computer is up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to update windows because I am on a old version and it says my computer is up...: I am on Windows 10 Version 1607 and it wont let me update due to me being "up to date" I have attemped to restart multiple times and nothing has worked....
  4. I am trying to update windows because I am on a old version and it says my computer is up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.: Some files I am able to delete but some will say I need permission from the "system" or the "admin" my user account is setup as an admin. I do not have any other accounts on my pc so curious why it says I need permission from another user....
  6. I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.: Some files I am able to delete but some will say I need permission from the "system" or the "admin" my user account is setup as an admin. I do not have any other accounts on my pc so curious why it says I need permission from another user....
  7. I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Games that I have downloaded on my computer are saying that I am not connected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Games that I have downloaded on my computer are saying that I am not connected: Ok so, I have recently began to use my computer again after a few years and everything works ok and all my games are still there, however when I want to play a game that I have downloaded from the app store it says that I am not connected to my wifi when the sign at the...
  9. My computer/internet thinks im in Romania, but im in Canada

My computer/internet thinks im in Romania, but im in Canada: When I look up anything on the internet it gives me romanian results, and if I try to make an account for a game, it automatically detects im in Romania and the support for those games wont do anything because apparently there is only login history from Romania. I have done...
  10. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my phone thinks i am in romania