Windows 10: My computer says I am in Romania!

Discus and support My computer says I am in Romania! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I go to an online store checkout page the country is often pre-filled with Romania it occasionally happens in other circumstances too - I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Jul 19, 2016.

1. My computer says I am in Romania!

Whenever I go to an online store checkout page the country is often pre-filled with Romania it occasionally happens in other circumstances too - I am in Spain! What could be causing the confusion. I use Google Chrome Canary.

:)

rafikiphoto, Jul 19, 2016

2. I am the only account on my computer, IT SAYS I AM NOT THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR HOW DO I CHANGE THAT

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I will be glad to you help you.

I suggest you follow this methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable built-In Administrator account

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Select Command prompt (Admin).

3. Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

4. Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Method 2: Try creating new account and check if the issue persists.

you may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Rakesh

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 19, 2016
  3. I am the only account on my computer, IT SAYS I AM NOT THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR HOW DO I CHANGE THAT

I can't save any documents to my computer because it says I need to contact the system administrator although I am listed as the administrator and there are no other accounts on my computer.

DarthCaedus, Jul 19, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

My computer says I am in Romania!

spunk, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Your country is picked based on your IP, so if you have a public IP or use proxy/VPN, it can happen.

Share your location on Chrome - Chrome Help

You can actually tell Windows, where you live exactly by setting your location.
    Settings - Privacy - Location - Set Default - Find yourself on the map - Set.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My computer says I am in Romania!

1. My computer says I am in Romania! - Similar Threads - computer says Romania

2. windows is saying "not connected" when I am

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows is saying "not connected" when I am: I cannot get into EDGE. When I go into settings for Windows, it says I'm not connected. However, Chrome is working just fine. (I'm typing this in Chrome now). I can't get Windows updates as it says I'm not connected. I am using Ethernet now, but I have the same issue on...
  3. I am having many problems with my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having many problems with my computer: My computer for a while here, is too slow, programs and applications no longer load with the same speed as before, everything gets complicated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-many-problems-with-my-computer/ff5b5347-9a50-4fc4-8005-9e40f1edf162
  4. My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am: I can browse the web normally, just my computer doesn't think I am connected, therefore cortana etc. is not working. I already tried the troubleshooter and got no help?...
  5. Account says I am administrator, but when saving files says I am not

Account says I am administrator, but when saving files says I am not: Hello, I am attempting to record music and when I try to save the file, it says I do not have authorization and to contact the administrator. My account states that I am an administrator and I am the only user on this device. I ran cmd and typed net user...
  6. windows 10 simultaneously says i am and am not administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 simultaneously says i am and am not administrator?: this problem started a couple of days ago i have no admin rights, but windows 10 says i'm administrator still, i can't fix my corrupted recycle bin or do anything an administrator could. i require permission for everything pretty much can i have some help with this one?...
  7. I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press...: Ok to begin i just want to mention that im using a desktop computer running windows 10. I never have any issues with this computer, so im at a complete loss right now. Today while using my computer I got a prompt to restart my computer because windows had "encountered an...
  8. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  9. Apps say they are not connected, but i am!

Apps say they are not connected, but i am!: THis probably isnt even Microsoft's fault, but im asking just incase anyone may know or have any tips. So these apps are the only apps i have discovered which wont connect, even though i am connected already. All other apps like chrome and steam,etc. work. If you need more...
  10. I am not going to rebboot my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am not going to rebboot my computer: my screen has been locked and blank for two days someone asked me to clear tpm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-going-to-rebboot-my-computer/3f281c7a-8063-4e64-b8c3-645b641c26b2