Windows 10: My Computer Shortcut

Discus and support My Computer Shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, How can I create a shortcut for My Computer (This PC) on desktop in Windows 10? Actually there are 2 kind of shortcut for My Computer: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Aug 31, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

My Computer Shortcut

Howdy,
    How can I create a shortcut for My Computer (This PC) on desktop in Windows 10?
    Actually there are 2 kind of shortcut for My Computer:

1. If I just open File Explorer, from left panel I drag and drop This PC to desktop and a shortcut will be created on desktop (This PC - Shortcut). If I right click on that shortcut and choose Properties, "This PC - Shortcut Properties" windows will be opened, which is NOT what I want.

2. I need This PC shortcut that when I right click on it and choose Properties, "Control Panel\System and Security\System" is shown! And I don't know how to create this one!

Please advise.

:)

omidsolo, Aug 31, 2015

2. keyboard shortcut font size for my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

You can use Ctrl + Shift and the plus
    sign to increase font size and Ctrl + Shift and minus
    sign to Decrease font size on your system. You can also change the font size, if required from the Display settings. Follow the steps below:-

1. Click on Start icon and go to Settings.

2. Select System and then Display.

3. On the right pane, under the option, Change size of texts, apps and other items set the size according to your preference.

4. This would change the text size of the system as well as the apps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 31, 2015
  3. cuddlyAD Win User
    keyboard shortcut font size for my computer.

My cat jumped on my keyboard and pressed buttons causing my whole laptop to change the size of everything to a smaller font. Even the time and date are smaller on the task bar. Also when I'm on the browse windows edge the fonts are smaller even tho its
    zoomed to 100%. I tried typing random keys and was able to change it back but I guess I hit the same thing again because it went straight back to it. The next time I try to fix it nothing worked. It's really annoying and I was hoping someone knows the keyboard
    shortcut or whatever it is to fix it or am I just going insane.

cuddlyAD, Aug 31, 2015
  4. gedstar Win User

My Computer Shortcut

gedstar, Aug 31, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Where do you want the shortcut ?

On the desktop, the start menu or the taskbar ?

If on the desktop then right click the desktop, choose personalazation, then themes, then Desktop Icon settings.

I totally forget how I pinned it to the taskbar, but you can easily pin it to the start menu.

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  6. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks, both answers were correct, cheers *Smile

omidsolo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My Computer Shortcut

1. My Computer Shortcut - Similar Threads - Computer Shortcut

2. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  3. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  4. Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...: my computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in , and it keeps coming, back after erasing it and all shortcuts point's to cmd32. what can I do? * Moved from Community Center* Original title: Shortcuts...
  5. Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...

Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...: my computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in , and it keeps coming, back after erasing it and all shortcuts point's to cmd32. what can I do? * Moved from Community Center* Original title: Shortcuts...
  6. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...: Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer shortcuts It is very confusing as to which icons load what...
  7. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...: Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer shortcuts It is very confusing as to which icons load what...
  8. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer: Hi,about 8 days ago i installed a game on my computer and some advertisement internet shortcut creators installed with it,and now i don't know how can i delete this shortcuts permanently,Every time I open the computer, these internet shortcuts are created again along with the...
  10. How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer

How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer: Hi,about 8 days ago i installed a game on my computer and some advertisement internet shortcut creators installed with it,and now i don't know how can i delete this shortcuts permanently,Every time I open the computer, these internet shortcuts are created again along with the...