Windows 10: My computer/windows won't recognize my time zone automatically when set to do so

Discus and support My computer/windows won't recognize my time zone automatically when set to do so in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I live in the US central time zone. I traveled last week to the eastern time zone. I returned a few days ago. The computer properly recognized the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amh210, Jul 12, 2018.

1. amh210 Win User

My computer/windows won't recognize my time zone automatically when set to do so

I live in the US central time zone. I traveled last week to the eastern time zone. I returned a few days ago. The computer properly recognized the change east but won't change back now that I have returned home. Therefore, my clock is off.

I've gone through the date and time settings in windows and if I do it manually it is fine. However, when I toggle to automatic, it changes to the eastern time zone.

Not good. Please help.

Andy Hoffman

:)

amh210, Jul 12, 2018

2. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2018
  4. My computer/windows won't recognize my time zone automatically when set to do so

Set Time Zone Automatically

I've noticed something that I can't seem to correct. When I set my Windows 10 time zone to
    automatic, it shows Moscow UTS +3, I live in the Eastern Time zone UTC -5. I can manually change it, but, whenever I select Auto, back to Moscow I go. My Internet time is set for time.nist.gov.
    I have searched for any location setting and can find nothing out of the ordinary.

Is this common or something I might have done? Any suggestions on how to correct it?

JcMacPherson, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

My computer/windows won't recognize my time zone automatically when set to do so

1. My computer/windows won't recognize my time zone automatically when set to do so - Similar Threads - computer won't recognize

2. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  5. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  6. "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 on a shared work computer; recently the Microsoft Store failed to install an app, and this forum suggested that enabling "set time zone automatically" might resolve the issue. Initially the setting was greyed out, after enabling location services it...
  7. "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on

"Set time zone automatically" won't stay on: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 on a shared work computer; recently the Microsoft Store failed to install an app, and this forum suggested that enabling "set time zone automatically" might resolve the issue. Initially the setting was greyed out, after enabling location services it...
  8. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  9. Time zone not automatically setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone not automatically setting: I travel back and forth between Eastern and Central Times over the weekend and want my computer to correctly reflect my time zone automatically. Although, I have configured the time and time zone to set automatically in Windows Settings, the time zone remains unchanged when I...
  10. "Set time zone automatically" not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Set time zone automatically" not working: Hi. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.572 on my Samsung laptop. I set it to change time zone automatically, by right-clicking the clock at the tray, clicking "Adjust date/time" and then turning on "Set time zone automatically", but it never worked. By the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop does not automatically recognize time zone