Windows 10: My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

Discus and support My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Install a driver for your network adapter Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Srsasquatch, Aug 23, 2016.

1. My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

"Install a driver for your network adapter
    Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

I have no idea how to do that. If anyone has info about it, please let me know! (By the way, I'm writing this on my laptop.)

:)

Srsasquatch, Aug 23, 2016

2. Internet problems with upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Internet disconnects and doesnot automatically reconnects.

I recently updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my Dell and now my internet won't connect to the wifi automatically. My computer won't recognize any connections so I have to go to:

Network and Sharing center > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center --> and do: Troubleshoot Problems --> Internet Connections --> Troubleshoot my connection to the Internet

Every single time I open my computer. What can I do to fix this?

Jason_Young[ ], Aug 23, 2016
  3. Pandora42 Win User
    Internet Connection Problems

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting to my internet router (NETGEAR D7800). I've tried rebooting my router, updating it's firmware, and even resetting it. The wireless will connect fine to ipads or phones but it won't connect to my laptop, the network
    won't even come up on the network list. It connects to other computers in the household but it won't connect to mine. The Ethernet cable does work though.

Pandora42, Aug 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

Hello Srsasquatch and welcome to TenForums *Smile

You can view the device in Device Manager and it will show up with a yellow exclamation mark if it needs a driver installed. Right click on the start button and select Device Manager. Then scroll down to the Network adapter and right click on the adapter to update the driver. You may need to download a driver from the ASUS website if windows can't find one automatically.

philc43, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

1. My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter? - Similar Threads - computer won't connect

2. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  3. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  4. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter: As the title says, I am unable to start my Internet Connection Sharing on my WiFi adapter and I have tried almost everything to make it work. BackgroundSo I was trying to connect my Raspberry Pi 3B to my laptop using Ethernet cable and one of the things that requires to make...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter: As the title says, I am unable to start my Internet Connection Sharing on my WiFi adapter and I have tried almost everything to make it work. BackgroundSo I was trying to connect my Raspberry Pi 3B to my laptop using Ethernet cable and one of the things that requires to make...
  6. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Won't connect to internet, won't show available networks

Won't connect to internet, won't show available networks: I've had this problem occur periodically in the past two months or so: I open my computer, try to go online, and it says it can't connect to the internet. I click on "Available Networks" to try and manually connect, but it won't even show any. All I get is this: [ATTACH]...
  8. Network Adapter/Internet

Network Adapter/Internet: so me and my roommate both have a ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless - AC1900 PCI-3 Adapter for our computers. We are both in seperate rooms with me being closer to our router. However on fast.com he is getting up to 500mpbs with me only getting around 120mbps why am i...
  9. my pc won't connect to a single internet network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my pc won't connect to a single internet network: hello, as you saw in the title my pc won't connect to a single internet network (with windows 10 as the operating system obviously), everytime i try to connect to my internet network it shows a message saying "can't connect to this network", i've been searching a solution but...
  10. win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected."

win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected.": Hello. Please excuse my newness and inexperience on these forums, as well as making this my first post, but I'm afraid I'm not sure where else to go. My issue: the network adapter on my laptop will not connect to the wifi. On other devices, including my phone and other...