Windows 10: My computer works fine, why am I getting updates that make me wait several hours before I...

Discus and support My computer works fine, why am I getting updates that make me wait several hours before I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have had issues before with update so I deleted it. Computer ran fine now I made the mistake of hooking up the internet and am now stuck in a download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KingKommiHoge, Jul 17, 2018.

1. My computer works fine, why am I getting updates that make me wait several hours before I...

Have had issues before with update so I deleted it. Computer ran fine now I made the mistake of hooking up the internet and am now stuck in a download loop. My computer ran fine before had no issues with anything and now because of this **** update I cant get on my laptop at all. Why is it ok for you to break our stuff by sending updates we dont need? I dont want tech support I want an answer as to why you can break our **** then act like its our responsibility to fix it? You forced the update you need to fix this. Oh if there areany typos its because your website runs like constipated ****. Its the main reason this post gets more and more angry, gotta wrestle with your **** typing lag.

:)

KingKommiHoge, Jul 17, 2018

2. Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 17, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

My computer works fine, why am I getting updates that make me wait several hours before I...

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

My computer works fine, why am I getting updates that make me wait several hours before I...

1. My computer works fine, why am I getting updates that make me wait several hours before I... - Similar Threads - computer works fine

2. I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me: When I opened my laptop today after typing in my pin it automatically said that my pin was incorrect, and I needed to wait 2 hours to be able to try again. I kept the laptop on for the two hours and when I finally got back, I did not think much of it. However, when I got to...
  3. I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me: When I opened my laptop today after typing in my pin it automatically said that my pin was incorrect, and I needed to wait 2 hours to be able to try again. I kept the laptop on for the two hours and when I finally got back, I did not think much of it. However, when I got to...
  4. I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me: because of entering wrong password it's not letting me log inand I'm not able to keep the computer on for 2 hrs,even if I letit be on the black screen for 2 hrs it doesn't helpI just wanna ask that if I reset my computer with the keep myfiles option will I able to login I...
  6. I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me

I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me: because of entering wrong password it's not letting me log inand I'm not able to keep the computer on for 2 hrs,even if I letit be on the black screen for 2 hrs it doesn't helpI just wanna ask that if I reset my computer with the keep myfiles option will I able to login I...
  7. I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...: I use my HP computer all the time. I changed to using a pin instead of the password a few monthes ago. I know my pin number but it says it is wrong. Now I am locked out of the computer saying I tried to enter the password and shut down too many times. Wait two hours. I did,...
  8. I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...: I use my HP computer all the time. I changed to using a pin instead of the password a few monthes ago. I know my pin number but it says it is wrong. Now I am locked out of the computer saying I tried to enter the password and shut down too many times. Wait two hours. I did,...
  9. I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need to wait 2 hours to log in but my computer won't let me: I've run into the usual issue of having to wait 2 hours to log in due to multiple failed sign in attempts, however my computer won't let me wait that long. After a few seconds, it'll go back to the screen before the log in and I'll have to put in the challenge phrase and my...
  10. Why do I have to wait an hour to get my wifi back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have to wait an hour to get my wifi back?: Having to wait at least an hour to get my wifi back after more crappy Windows updates is just stupid and useless. My computer won't let me get around this problem no matter how many times I click "manually". I need to be doing work right now, but instead I have to wait an...