Windows 10: my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi

Discus and support my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AUSVEN, Sep 16, 2016.

1. AUSVEN Win User

my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

:)

AUSVEN, Sep 16, 2016

2. How to connect Windows Phone to the Internet via PC?

Okay, let me restate:

Is not possible to share the computer's internet connection with the phone via USB cable. It does not matter how the computer connects to the internet, via WiFi or wired connection, it is still not possible.

Julie fka profjulie, Sep 16, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    Tethering Lumia 500 520 532

You cannot tether via USB/hard wire/cable (whatever you want to call it) using any Lumia in any direction.

You can only tether a PC to a Lumia over WiFi, thus using the mobile phone's mobile data connection to connect to the internet.

You cannot connect a Lumia to PC in order to use the PC's internet connection to browse/download from the phone via the PC's internet connection.

93tid, Sep 16, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Chances are something is wrong with the cable-based network adapter. Can you run ipconfig /all at a command line and post the results here, please? There may be something to see in that information...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 17, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    What is the manufacturer and model of your Gateway, along with ISP? If you are connecting to it via Wifi, you are getting a DHCP IP then. You should be getting one with Ethernet, unless it somehow got disabled or the driver never got installed. Check Device Manager for any yellow exclamation marks.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi - Similar Threads - computers cannot connect

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  4. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  5. Cannot access internet via Wifi

Cannot access internet via Wifi: Split from this thread. An automatic Microsoft update to Windows 10 disabled my WiFi switch so all WiFi on my lap top does not work. I could connect to the internet using a hard wire. Microsoft Tech Support (Windows) is in the process of trying to fix this but with no...
  6. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  7. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  8. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  9. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...
  10. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi: I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi). Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and share files both ways and all works perfectly. Using WiFi on the laptop I can connect with the desktop machine but not the...