Windows 10: my connections keeps cutting

Discus and support my connections keeps cutting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem with my network, as I get disconnected from the network after every 5 or almost 10 minutes. then I have to click on connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NourinE, Oct 4, 2016.

1. NourinE Win User

my connections keeps cutting

Hello!
    I have a problem with my network, as I get disconnected from the network after every 5 or almost 10 minutes. then I have to click on connect to reconnect.
    how can I solve this problem?

:)

NourinE, Oct 4, 2016

2. MY INTERNET CONNECTION KEEPS CUTTING OUT

Hi Robert,

I appreciate your time, and efforts. Let me help you.

I suggest you run the Internet connections troubleshooter, and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Also, suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 4, 2016
  3. OJLane Win User
    My internet connection keeps cutting in and out

Thank you JImmyB31, Very helpful, solved my headache for me my connections keeps cutting :)

OJLane, Oct 4, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Check the channel, any congestion and signal strength. This can all be done with inSSIDer and other scanning tools.

bro67, Oct 5, 2016
  5. NourinE Win User
    the problem has disappeared up to now

NourinE, Oct 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That does not mean that it will not come back.

bro67, Oct 7, 2016
  7. NourinE Win User
    you're right! it happened today just once.
    I have also doubt about the Secure DNS in Avast

NourinE, Oct 7, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

I would not use "Secure DNS", since it acts as a Proxy. It would have nothing to do with your signal dropping. There is either congestion issues on the channel your Wifi is on, or you just have a poor quality wifi setup on your gateway.

I use two separate Access Points in my house that are Ethernet over Power. The Engenius ECB350 that I have had the longest when I was just doing Wireless-n, I could go 150' away from our house and still get a good signal and even though my speed was around 7.5mbps, I was able to still do stuff while checking the distance.

I went with a setup that at any time I could swap out hardware for the LAN, instead of buying one whole unit. TCO is lot less going that route.

bro67, Oct 7, 2016
  9. NourinE Win User
    Thanks a lot for your useful informal. I've had this problem three times up to now this morning.
    I've never had this problem until I upgraded to windows 10 and even after a while of using it!
    I'm not good when it comes to configuring networks. would you guide me to the steps that I should follow to fix the problem?

NourinE, Oct 8, 2016
  10. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Oct 8, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Open up a Command window and run netsh wlan show all and post the results. It will take a snapshot of the active Access Points that your adapter is picking up and what channels they are on. inSSIDer basically runs a continuous scan and shows the channels and signal quality.

Channels 1,6,11 are normal for Wireless-b/g/n, along with 20/40mhz Channel Bandwidth if you have older legacy gear on the network. if everything is Wireless-n, 40mhz Channel Bandwidth with either channnel 1/5 or 6/11. For Wireless-ac which is 5ghz, you have to use both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Any more information on this subject you can find and smallnetbuilder.com.

bro67, Oct 9, 2016
  12. NourinE Win User
    ok thanks, just a minute

NourinE, Oct 9, 2016
  13. NourinE Win User

I typed 'netsh wlan' and then 'show all' but nothing appears

NourinE, Oct 9, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    It is one command, not two separate.

bro67, Oct 9, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    OP attachment posted below.

bro67, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

1. my connections keeps cutting - Similar Threads - connections keeps cutting

2. My wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi keeps cutting out: My wifi on my computer keeps cutting in and out, with it being out most of the time. It's fine on any other device. I don't have a WiFi card slot and am instead using a USB adapter with the drivers downloaded...
  3. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  4. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  5. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. The internet keeps cutting of my laptop

The internet keeps cutting of my laptop: It says that it is connected but there is no internet although it works on every other device!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-internet-keeps-cutting-of-my-laptop/c8ae9778-888a-40f8-94cf-2c085d69fe56
  7. My microphone keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone keeps cutting in and out: I don't know what happened my mic just keeps cutting out every second. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-keeps-cutting-in-and-out/3e591d9e-209a-457f-9946-e516dbd2e24f
  8. My headphones keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones keep cutting out: My headphones started to cut out every few seconds for a second, and they are the Mpow-059. I have tried uninstalling the driver, messing with the communication devices and the enhancements, and they all didn't do anything, besides stopping the cuts for a few minutes. I had...
  9. Windows 10 internet connection keeps cutting out

Windows 10 internet connection keeps cutting out: Hi I have bought a new HP laptop, all software is up to date. the WIFI connection keeps cutting out and is driving me crazy. I can't do any work! I have tried de-selecting that box in Power Management. Doesn't help. I wanted to try changing the "Speed and Duplex" option...
  10. My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!

My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!: First, I was running Windows 7. I am on a computer so, I decided to buy a network adapter. It worked really great but when I installed windows 10 about 20 days ago my WIFI just kept cutting out (disconnecting) after 5-10 Minutes. It's really irritating and I can't get any...