Windows 10: My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.

Discus and support My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please can anyone tell me the best , easiest option to make my C: drive into my main/normal drive as that has loads of space. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by moabram12, Aug 17, 2018.

1. moabram12 Win User

My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.

Please can anyone tell me the best , easiest option to make my C: drive into my main/normal drive as that has loads of space.

Thanks

:)

moabram12, Aug 17, 2018

2. storage space on drives C and D

hello, I've just purchased a second hand laptop, I have a 1TB C drive with 4GB D drive I have 2.42 left in D drive. can I move anything from D drive to C to drive to free up any space. any help would be appreciated thank you

brionypups, Aug 17, 2018
  3. System recovery (drive D) taking 15GB of space.

My laptop (HP 250; 4GB) has been performing slowly as late. I have performed all the checks using HP diagnostics, as well as a full virus and malware scan.

I had checked the disk space log on MyPC and it showed that Recovery drive D is using 15GB with less than 1% space remaining. Is there a way to rectify this?

ThomasAnthony28, Aug 17, 2018
  4. My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.

Laptop is running very slow

Original title: System Recovery using too much disk space - windows 10

My Laptop has been running slowly for some time now. I have attempted many remedies suggested but it hasn't helped. Today my laptop produced a new alert I haven't seen before: (to the tone of) system operating on low memory so the program listed is shutting
    down.

I checked my available disk space on My Computer and it showed that System Recovery is using in excess of 10GB on the D drive. Is there any way I can reduce this?

HP 250 laptop; windows 10; 4GB ram

Anymore information needed please let me know.

ThomasAnthony28, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space.

1. My D: drive on a 2nd hand HP 250 laptop which I recently purchased is running out of space. - Similar Threads - drive 2nd hand

2. I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...: i heard if u move the wrong files u could break your pc and i am running out of space from updates on the stuff in my c drive im not out of space maybe 19 gbs left i just dont wanna run out and be dead...
  3. I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...: i heard if u move the wrong files u could break your pc and i am running out of space from updates on the stuff in my c drive im not out of space maybe 19 gbs left i just dont wanna run out and be dead...
  4. I am running out of space on my c drive but i have lots of space on my d drive how do i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C Drive running out of space

C Drive running out of space: Hi, my laptop's local disk C: drive seems to be constantly filling up. I have an Acer Aspite V17, the C drive is 118GB and the D drive is 931GB. I work as an audio engineer and download a few GB worth of files each day to the laptop but always have the projects and the files...
  6. Recovery Drive D: out of space

Recovery Drive D: out of space: I've been getting a note that Drive D; is running out of space. When I select Drive D: the only option is Help. I reduced Drive C: by 5GB but can't expand Drive D: Disk Management shows 260 MB Healthy Ef, WIndows C: 909.98 GB, 4.88 GTB Unallocated, 980 MB Healthy Recov,...
  7. Running out of hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running out of hard drive space: I have to delete 7GB from my computer to allow windows updates. Can I delete things from 'Manage optional features' list, eg English GB handwriting, English GB optical character recognition, typing, etc, Microsoft Quick assist, OpenSSH client, and XPS viewer? Thanks in...
  8. Running out of space on local disk D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running out of space on local disk D: Keep getting a message I'm running out of space on local disk D. What to do? Cannot find D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/running-out-of-space-on-local-disk-d/247678f8-126f-4ded-a06a-8f565319d9f5
  9. running out of disk space on local drive D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    running out of disk space on local drive D: Will they be fixing the update that created all these "running out of disk space on local drive D" warning notices that pop up every couple of minutes?Really getting sick of it!...
  10. Running out of Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of Hard Drive space: I have a HP Stream 11 laptop I bought from Walmart, it came with Windows 8.1 and I went through the charade of upgrading from 8.1 to 10 so it would validate they key and then I immediately did a clean install. Sadly with this laptop, it only has a 32 GB eMMC drive...