Windows 10: my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab

Discus and support my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Good Day All my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab how can i change it. [img] all help appreciated DME 97803 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dmesal, Nov 11, 2017.

1. dmesal Win User

my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab

Good Day All

my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab how can i change it.

my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab [​IMG]

all help appreciated

DME

:)

dmesal, Nov 11, 2017
  2. fernieite Win User

Can't save Google as search provider - PC Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11

Thanks for the replies.

I added Google as a Homepage as recommended, and kept Yahoo as well. When my browser opens I have Yahoo in one tab and Google in the other.

This is a solution that I'll leave for now, but it's ghetto.

I'd rather have one Homepage (Yahoo) and have my preferred Search Provider as Google, not the default Bing.

Perhaps the Microsoft engineers can fix this in the future?

fernieite, Nov 11, 2017
  3. Abi781 Win User
    microsoft edge

hi

anyone experiencing problems with Microsoft edge when I open it for the first time it jumps to yahoo search and this also happens in a new tab.

also my default search engine is google but it still uses yahoo.

I've tried everything to make it stay defaulted to home page but nothing seems to work.

any help?

Abi781, Nov 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, presumably you've set Google as your default - your screenshots look as if they come from Edge- you've not stated which browser you're referring to.

Could you post a screenshot like this and confirm Google is set to default?

the result I see:

Note- my build is 1703.

You could try setting a different search engine as default, trying that, then setting Google as default again.
    Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Chrome/Settings/Search Engine: Yahoo►'Remove from this List'

Edwin, Nov 11, 2017
  6. dmesal Win User
    Good Day All

while i was putsing around on the net i had down loaded something bad malwarebite cleaned it up but i had searched for the aquarium screen saver and while it was still redirected/using yahoo. anyway i did the clean-up and removed the yahoo eng from the chrome list. aquarium search still has the yahoo tab mark but if i search for other items it has the google G mark.

weird// im cleaning temp internet files hope that fixes this

Many Thanks to both of you

dmesal, Nov 11, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Next; get Ccleaner and run it. This will clean up any leftovers and tidbits and it will also clear your cache.

Plankton, Nov 11, 2017
  8. dmesal Win User

thanks and yes that's the clean-up i was referring to.

DME

dmesal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab - Similar Threads - default search eng

2. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  3. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  4. Google Default Search

in Cortana
  5. Yahoo always taking over as my default search engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo always taking over as my default search engine: Every week Yahoo always hijacks mmy computer and takes over as my search engine.I have tried a million times resettiing my default to GOOOGLE in my Chrome Settings but it always switches backI have not downloaded any any new software with a "switching virus"HOW CAN I...
  6. Edge automatically searches with yahoo. It's not my default.

in Cortana
    Edge automatically searches with yahoo. It's not my default.: Lately whenever I search on edge it automatically searches with yahoo even though my default search engine is bing. I check it, it says my default is bing and when I type in the address bar it says search with bing but then it brings me to yahoo. Nothing I've found helps and...
  7. Google and Yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google and Yahoo: So I'm searching something like what is 2+2 on Google and while it is loading and the search at the top says coolnewtabtheme and then goes straight too Yahoo here is the link what can I do to fix it here's the...
  8. 80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?: On the other occasion, it will even open a random site related to it. For example, I was doing some research on a famous geologist named Charles Lyell, when I clicked to the Wikipedia website it opened a Wallmart page for a painting of him. Help please. submitted by...
  9. search defaulting to Google maps

in Cortana
    search defaulting to Google maps: If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything. For instance if I type:- abc the underlying suggestion shows abc - Google Maps Search and dumps me into Google Maps. If anyone has any suggestion on how to get...
  10. Google search is hijacked to yahoo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google search is hijacked to yahoo: My security is up to date but something is hijacking my browser from google to yahoo and who knows what else it is doing. I've reinstalled windows but it is still happening. How do I fix this?...