Windows 10: My desktop computer will not boot with windows 10.

Discus and support My desktop computer will not boot with windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop computer automatically shut down while sitting idle and will not reboot. I get the error "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamModica, Aug 13, 2018.

1. SamModica Win User

My desktop computer will not boot with windows 10.

My desktop computer automatically shut down while sitting idle and will not reboot. I get the error "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you" I have had this error on the screen for almost 2 hours and nothing has happened. I rebooted my computer and ran all hardware diagnostics and found no hardware errors.. The problem appears to be with Windows 10.

How can I obtain a copy of windows 10 to reinstall on my desktop computer. My laptop is working fine (I am using it to write this request.)

Thanks,

Sam Modica

:)

SamModica, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 13, 2018
  4. My desktop computer will not boot with windows 10.

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

My desktop computer will not boot with windows 10.

1. My desktop computer will not boot with windows 10. - Similar Threads - desktop computer boot

2. My desktop won’t boot into windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop won’t boot into windows 10: The desktop been stuck every time boot into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-wont-boot-into-windows-10/09dae182-2f90-455b-a17a-e583d3ff0449
  3. My desktop won’t boot into windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop won’t boot into windows 10: The desktop been stuck every time boot into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-wont-boot-into-windows-10/09dae182-2f90-455b-a17a-e583d3ff0449
  4. My desktop won’t boot into windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My MSI Desktop Computer Was Booting Properly, but now My MSI Desktop Computer Is Stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI Desktop Computer Was Booting Properly, but now My MSI Desktop Computer Is Stuck on...: My MSI desktop computer was booting properly, but now my MSI desktop computer is stuck at the MSI boot logo screen. Are there any methods to fix this issue?...
  6. My MSI Desktop Computer Was Booting Properly, but now My MSI Desktop Computer Is Stuck on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSI Desktop Computer Was Booting Properly, but now My MSI Desktop Computer Is Stuck on...: My MSI desktop computer was booting properly, but now my MSI desktop computer is stuck at the MSI boot logo screen. Are there any methods to fix this issue?...
  7. My MSI Desktop Computer Was Booting Properly, but now My MSI Desktop Computer Is Stuck on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Booting Windows 10 on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting Windows 10 on my computer: I was rendering something on my computer and it became too hot. The computer then switched itself off. When I attempted to switch it back on, the computer would show a black screen with a blinking underscore. I looked this up before trying all the different boot options...
  9. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot: I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails and I see "uninstall latest LCU failed - Error 0X490." Any thoughts?...
  10. Unable to boot the computer to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot the computer to desktop: my windows broke down because of electricity problems and it give me blue dead screen at first the windows was booting right, until the login screen the blue screen appears and restart to recovery. i searched for online solutions and now the windows doesn't even boot :D i...