Windows 10: My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems

Discus and support My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Tonight around 9:14 pm I was trying to merge my friends 5 videos together... I remembered that Windows Live movie maker had a feature that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KaozVirtus, Jan 29, 2017.

1. My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems

Hello,

Tonight around 9:14 pm I was trying to merge my friends 5 videos together... I remembered that Windows Live movie maker had a feature that you could merge the files together... I must have gotten an illegitimate version of the program because it asked me to "register" the program... So I then decided to go to chrome and search for a "patch" for the program, regardless of never recalling WLMM to ever ask me to do this in the past.

side note: I was in a rush while iIwas trying to merge the files together, which was why this happened... *Sad

So so I found something on the web called "Windows Live Movie Maker 16.4 Crack Registration"... it was really dumb, I know.

Anyways, so it actually installed some things like remote PC login and like 2 game shortcuts, which nothing it "installed" I did not open. It then completely removed firefox, it kept popping ads up on my PC, regardless that I have Adblock plus LOL - I know not funny. I then decided to very quickly purchase Malwarebytes Premium, and immediately ran a scan - which ended up finding 296 viruses etc.. I have a photo of it on my phone. I have noticed that no matter what I do, I can not launch the edge browser... it just keeps crashing/closing.

I would like to know what to do next, as I REALLY don`t want to have to re-install my OS.... -.-

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you *Smile

:)

KaozVirtus, Jan 29, 2017
  2. korngear Win User

My 6630 got infected with commwarrior virus!

Besides, you can try formatting the memory card by phone.

korngear, Jan 29, 2017
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    My 6630 got infected with commwarrior virus!

Ok this needs an antivirus.

Click the 'F-Secure for S60' link in my signature under this post.

Download it for S60 2nd Edition.

6280---01, Jan 29, 2017
  4. My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems

I have just ran a scan with Adware Removal Tool and these are the results:

PUP.SecureWebChannel ->> Registry Key ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\Currentversion\Uninstall\ <RegKey:> 11598763487076930564PUP.SecureWebChannel ->> Registry Key ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\microsoft\windows\Currentversion\Uninstall\ <RegKey:> 11598763487076930564Adware.adskeeper ->> Browser: Chrome ->> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

Please let me know what I can do further...

Thanks

KaozVirtus, Jan 29, 2017
  5. KaozVirtus, Jan 29, 2017
  6. KaozVirtus,

File this one under "Lessons learned"!!
    Windows Live Movie Maker 16.4 Crack Registration

Let's take a look at the infected system

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
    Save FRST to your Desktop.

[Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system: 32 bit or 64 bit]

Double-click FRST to run it.
    When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
    Next, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool makes a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop.
    The first time the tool is run, it makes another log: (Addition.txt).

Please attach the results of both reports in your reply.

cottonball, Jan 29, 2017
  7. Hello,

I will post the results as soon as possible, thank you.

KaozVirtus, Jan 29, 2017
  8. My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems

Hello,
    I have attached the results.

Thank you.

KaozVirtus, Jan 29, 2017
  9. KaozVirtus,

Please manually uninstall the cracked program:
    Movie Maker (x32 Version: 16.4.3528.0331

• Press the Start menu.
    • Click: Settings.
    • Click: System on the Settings menu.
    • Select: Apps & features from the left pane. Wait for the list of programs to appear.
    • Select the application, and right-click.
    • Click: Uninstall

Next, please do the following:

Press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
    This opens the Run box.
    Type Notepad and click OK.

Now, please copy the entire contents inside the code box below to Notepad:
    Code: Start CreateRestorePoint: CloseProcesses: HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X] GroupPolicy: Restriction - Chrome <======= ATTENTION HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION Handler: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - No File FF Plugin-x32: @Microsoft.com/WLPG,version=16.4.3528.0331 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\NPWLPG.dll [No File] CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-2131147218-2223772917-1229145198-1001_Classes\CLSID\{0E270DAA-1BE6-48F2-AC49-85C0AAC3F68A}\InprocServer32 -> %%systemroot%%\system32\shell32.dll => No File Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Downloads\P3DHack BLT 1.3.9 fix2_[unknowncheats.me]_\mods\???????.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Local\PAYDAY 2\crash.txt () <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\Syndi??te.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\??niaPlanet.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnualtenalpainam.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?ommand and Conquer R?d ?lert.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual59ar.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?omm?nd and C?nqu?r and ?h? Cov?rt ???rations.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual59cnc.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?omm?nd ?nd ?onquer Ren?gade.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnualedagener.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?omm?nd ?nd ?onquer R?d ?l?rt 2.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual2ar.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\??mmand and ??nqu?r ?ib?ri?n Sun.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnualst.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\??mmand ?nd Conqu?r Red Alert 3 and Uprising.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual3ar.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\??mm?nd and Conquer ?he Ultimate Collecti?n ?dditi?n?l ??nt?nt.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\??mm?nd and ??nquer 3 Tib?rium W?rs ?nd ??ne's Wr?th.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual3cnc.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?h? Sims 3.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual3smis.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?rine En?h?nted ?dition.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual_enirt.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\Games\?rin? 2 Complete Story.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnual_2enirt.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\APPS\?roth?r Utiliti?s_p.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnualrb.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\APPS\?r?ther Utilities.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.rehcnualrb.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\Desktop\APPS\??zilla Fir?f??.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.xoferif.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Chrome Apps\G?ogl? Pl?y ?usic.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.emorhc.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Int?rn?t E?pl?r?r.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.erolpxei.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\G??gle Chr?m?.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.emorhc.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\G??gle Chr?m?.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.emorhc.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\G??gl? Chr?me.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.emorhc.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\?d?be Widg?t Br?ws?r.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.resworb tegdiw eboda.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic Shortcut: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\??zill? Fir?fo?.lnk -> C:\Users\dtlaw\AppData\Roaming\Browsers\exe.xoferif.bat (No File) <===== Cyrillic EmptyTemp: Reboot: End[/quote] Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the FRST is running from. It appears to be running from C:\Users\dtlaw\Downloads\Programs vs. the Desktop. They both need to be in the same place, preferably the Desktop.

Next, run FRST and click Fix only once, and wait.

When done, the tool creates a log: Fixlog.txt
    Please attach to your reply.

Last, please download CKScanner:
    http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/CKScanner.exe
    Save the file to the Desktop.

To run the program, right-Click CKScanner.exe and select: Run as administrator
    At the program console, click: Search For Files
    When done, click: Save List To File
    A message verifies the file saved.

A log (CKFiles.txt) is created on the Desktop.
    Press: Exit
    Attach the contents of CKFiles.txt in your reply.

Also, let us know how the system is doing.

cottonball, Jan 30, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    And so unnecessary, @KaozVirtus. Movie Maker is part of Windows Essentials 2012. Although officially past its 'end of support' date, the free offline installer is still available to download direct from Microsoft (I've just checked). No registration or cracks needed for that one. The link is in this post...
    Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017
    ...you could download it now, but best wait until cottonball has sorted you out before installing it.

11. I will post an update soon, I`m not home.

Also, Thank you.

KaozVirtus, Jan 30, 2017
  12. Hello,

I am now back home after being away for more than a week, I have done everything that CottonBall said to do and I have the results.

I am only having one small problem, Microsoft Edge browser - and everytime I try and open it, it crashes... This is the only problem I have that I can see.

Also, apologies that I took this long to get back...

I have included the results *Smile

KaozVirtus, Feb 8, 2017
  13. My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems

KaozVirtus,

The issues you are having are more than likely the result of downloading cracked/pirated/illegal software.
    Participating in the use of such software is a definite security risk.

Accepting and allowing the use of illegal software is not a motivation for volunteering my help in this forum.

cottonball, Feb 8, 2017
  14. Toad004 Win User
    Does any other Metro app work, or is Edge the only non-functional app?

Did you turn off User Account control?

Have you tried running an sfc/scannow?

Toad004, Feb 8, 2017
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Question -- How much TIME have you spent on all this

Next time - CLEAN RESTORE FROM A CLEAN BACKUP - would have taken you around 30 Mins max -- end of story

Why don't people EVER LEARN - TAKE REGULAR CLEAN BACKUPS - then if you do get something nasty from a torrent site or elsewhere a CLEAN restore will rid the computer of any of this nasty stuff.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 8, 2017
Thema:

My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems

1. My desktop pc got infected with a virus, still having problems - Similar Threads - desktop got infected

2. I have been infected with a Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been infected with a Virus: Hello guys,I have one problem. I bought new pc like 5 days ago, and everything worked fine.. Tonight i installed something and i got virus called 'Walliant'. I sucessfully deleted it, but when i play games i have about 60-120fps. Before i had about 300-400 fps. In CS:GO i...
  3. My PC Infected with Virus

My PC Infected with Virus: My laptop is not working. So bad that it runs csgo on lowest of lowest settings and still gets 30 fps. The reason why i came here though is for help ,my laptop has virus probably some new stuff that my free antivirus can't detect. Thus i have taken it upon myself to find a...
  4. I have been infected with Virus

I have been infected with Virus: I have a virus in my PC , how to remove it? [Original Title: virous] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-virus/61d23822-0ca6-4106-a81c-313e45197019
  5. Copa Virus infected My PC

Copa Virus infected My PC: So oflate my computer was hit with a virus called copa virus that had encrypted all my files and applications.. i had to hard reset my computer but it didnt help at all.. can anyone help?...
  6. System got infected by .lalo virus and not able to login or reset PC.

System got infected by .lalo virus and not able to login or reset PC.: Hello there, I've got into some serious trouble since yesterday, I hope I get solution as soon as possible because I've so many things left to work due to this issue. So here's the problem, yesterday my laptop got infected by some virus and all the files get corrupted and all...
  7. derp virus infected my pc

derp virus infected my pc: hi, I have got infected my pc with derp virus and who can i decrypt my file with windows antivirus. Imran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/derp-virus-infected-my-pc/47779a84-4c60-433d-8f6f-e00ca242eec5"
  8. I Have been Infected with Virus

I Have been Infected with Virus: on my husbands computer it locked up and all kinds of alarms saying they are microsoft and to call a number for help. In did not but need help [Original Title: virus]...
  9. I have been infected with Virus

I have been infected with Virus: I have a virus Microsoft defender can not get rid of. [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-virus/5686f3cd-b836-40c7-a4dc-3897d34d8125
  10. I have infected with Virus

I have infected with Virus: I have this same virus happening on my Windows 10 like two or three time and NEVER STOPS. I don't download a lot of things, but it happens. It keeps on sending me notifications. It stopped now, but normally it would start up again and keep going. The sad part of this is even...