Windows 10: My desktop turns black/ refreshes when I want to create something new

Discus and support My desktop turns black/ refreshes when I want to create something new in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, this happens, what can I do? 92485 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nugget505, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Nugget505 Win User

My desktop turns black/ refreshes when I want to create something new

So, this happens, what can I do?

:)

Nugget505, Aug 30, 2017

2. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

I tried the registry fix. No joy. One other symptom. When I login, the pdf icons appear correctly, then go to black several times during the startup sequence, with all pdf icons eventually displaying as black squares until I manually refresh the desktop.
    Adobe's only solution is to manually refresh.

Any ideas?

OnTheLeftCoast, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Issue

I have also noted that occasionally, my whole screen will turn black and freeze the computer for a second or two, then reappear again, refreshing the screen. My place is not lost on the programs I am running. However, I find it odd that when I move a desktop
    icon to a different part of my screen, the icon moves back to its original position after the screen does this black refresh. Is there anyone at Microsoft that can please help me?

Brian W. B., Aug 30, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

That must be a problem in Vimeo. Take a look in the help file for Vimeo or see in their forum, if others have equal problems!

It does not look like a Windows 10 problem.

Gordon7, Aug 31, 2017
  5. Download ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Options - select Hide All Microsoft extensions

Edit - Select all - then - File - Disable selected items - Yes

Options - Restart explorer - Yes - check, if it the desktop is still refreshing

TairikuOkami, Aug 31, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 31, 2017
  7. Nugget505 Win User
    No it's not, it s my windows, it does the same when in another folder or smth like that, the "new" function is not working

Nugget505, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Nugget505 Win User

i did this already.. nothing changes

Nugget505, Sep 3, 2017
  9. Nugget505 Win User
    Nugget505, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My desktop turns black/ refreshes when I want to create something new - Similar Threads - desktop turns black

2. I want to create a new folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to create a new folder on my desktop: I used to be able to right click on an empty space on the desktop and get the option to create a new folder. Now that option doesn't appear. I want to group several documents together under one name....
  3. I want to create a new folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to create a new folder on my desktop: I used to be able to right click on an empty space on the desktop and get the option to create a new folder. Now that option doesn't appear. I want to group several documents together under one name....
  4. I want to create a new folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hi. When I accidentally installed something, it created lots of apps that I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi. When I accidentally installed something, it created lots of apps that I want to...: Ive been trying to delete this "AVG" thing for some days, but it always says that I cant have access, even when im on an Admin account. Does anyone have a way to solve this?...
  6. Hi. When I accidentally installed something, it created lots of apps that I want to...

Hi. When I accidentally installed something, it created lots of apps that I want to...: Ive been trying to delete this "AVG" thing for some days, but it always says that I cant have access, even when im on an Admin account. Does anyone have a way to solve this?...
  7. Hi. When I accidentally installed something, it created lots of apps that I want to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  9. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  10. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Customization