Windows 10: My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10

Discus and support My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here is my problem-question.I had this device linked to account A, and i wanted it to link it to a new account B. I was using a local account and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mandriana, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Mandriana Win User

My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10

Here is my problem-question.I had this device linked to account A, and i wanted it to link it to a new account B. I was using a local account and the device showed in the MS "A" webpage. So I unlinked it from the website. I then created a new MS account B and linked the windows digital license to it in activation settings in windows. The device appeared in the device list at the web page. But now I want to switch to a local account again. And then the device dissapears from the MS account "B" webpage. This did not happen with account "A". Which by the way is also linked to a laptop, which al

:)

Mandriana, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10 110153d1485973971t-creating-ms-account-without-losing-local-account-image.png

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. FiiLeTe Win User

My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

1. My device computer dissapears from my new MS account if i use a Local account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - device computer dissapears

2. How to delete my MS account and make it a local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete my MS account and make it a local account?: Hello,My MS account was hacked and stolen like half a year ago, and I contacted MS support about it. They deleted my account and I lost a lot of stuff, but I can manage with another account. The problem now is that I can't delete the old Microsoft account from my PC without a...
  3. Trying to switch from MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to switch from MS account to local account: On my Win10 (20H2) laptop, I went to Settings, Account, Your Info. My info shows my Gmail email account name and below that it says, "Switch to a local account" (this is what I want to do) So far so good. When I click to switch to local account, my Gmail account login shows...
  4. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  5. Is it possible to use windows 10 "Find my device" with a local account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to use windows 10 "Find my device" with a local account?: Hello, I am using a local account on my W10 laptop. I would like to use Find my device. In settings > Update & Security > Find my device, I click on "sign in with your Microsoft account to use or change find my device". This takes me to the settings page Accounts > Your...
  6. Can I add new devices to my MS account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I add new devices to my MS account?: I use the same Microsoft account on three computers and I’d like to add another one. Can I add a new device to my Microsoft account or I have to remove one of them to be able to add another one? Thank you....
  7. Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

Connect my MS account or use Local account..?: Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.
  8. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  9. PIN not an option for my Local Account or MS Account

PIN not an option for my Local Account or MS Account: Hello - I've been researching why I do not have the PIN option under my Sign-On options for my local and Microsoft accounts but I'm not having any luck finding out why. This is a clean install of Windows 10 and it is activated. Everything else works flawlessly except there...
  10. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...