Windows 10: My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

Discus and support My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PolcatPile, Nov 30, 2023.

1. My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already tried them or don't know how to follow them thru.When the microphone comes up it either reads ' initializing' or ' to use dictation select a field'. It stays on both responses and I don't know how to change text just for Microphone. In the past it worked off and on. Now it doesn't work at all and I don't think either of these the are the correct fixesWith bad arthritis, Dictation is a necessity.How do I fix this?

:)

PolcatPile, Nov 30, 2023
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My dictation used to wo rk some of the time.  Now it doesn't work at all. 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Nov 30, 2023
  4. My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

fingerprint doesn`t work

My fingerprint doesn`t work for many times, and i read the advices of the site, but nothing works. The fingerprint fix itself, but after many days and the problem repeat and repet. It is anoying. In the settings says "this option is unvailable" for every option! Why??? How to fix it?

Lidia Andrei, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

1. My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all. - Similar Threads - dictation used doesn't

2. On my laptop keyboard some keys doesn't work for a short time if i don't use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my laptop keyboard some keys doesn't work for a short time if i don't use them: I am using the Asus Rog Zephyrus M16 laptop, and when i restart the laptop or turn my laptop on after letting it sleep , the 'e','g', and 'h' key don't work, after waiting a while, it would work back again, i want to just solve this problem permanently, I've done some...
  3. My "S" key doesn't work all the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "S" key doesn't work all the time.: I have tried cleaning the actual key and there is no dirt/dust/residue. I have not spilled any liquids on it or anything. In fact I am typing to you on it right now and I am able to use the S key. However after i shut down and bring the computer back up, i will lose the...
  4. My "S" key doesn't work all the time.

My "S" key doesn't work all the time.: I have tried cleaning the actual key and there is no dirt/dust/residue. I have not spilled any liquids on it or anything. In fact I am typing to you on it right now and I am able to use the S key. However after i shut down and bring the computer back up, i will lose the...
  5. My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.: I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already tried them or don't know how to follow them thru.When the microphone comes up it either reads ' initializing' or ' to use...
  6. My dictation used to work some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dictation used to work some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.: I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already tried them or don't know how to follow them thru.When the microphone comes up it either reads ' initializing' or ' to use...
  7. dictation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dictation not working: dictation says not connected to internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-not-working/6923cc58-faf1-4853-b0af-29a3400332f7
  8. dictation not working

dictation not working: dictation says not connected to internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-not-working/6923cc58-faf1-4853-b0af-29a3400332f7
  9. My mouse doesn't work some of the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse doesn't work some of the time: For some reason, my mouse now sometimes fails to click something when I use it. I've tried restarting the computer, but it still won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-doesnt-work-some-of-the-time/7ba7f236-cdd1-4e6a-8424-2da6c20946d0
  10. My mouse doesn't work some of the time

My mouse doesn't work some of the time: For some reason, my mouse now sometimes fails to click something when I use it. I've tried restarting the computer, but it still won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-doesnt-work-some-of-the-time/7ba7f236-cdd1-4e6a-8424-2da6c20946d0