Windows 10: My display is too far to the right (off the screen)

Discus and support My display is too far to the right (off the screen) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I changed the VGA cable of my second monitor (whilst my PC was powered on) and my display went off the right edge of the monitor (so I have a black bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by THX1138, Sep 8, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

My display is too far to the right (off the screen)

I changed the VGA cable of my second monitor (whilst my PC was powered on) and my display went off the right edge of the monitor (so I have a black bar on the left). I used the in-built controls to move it fully left but it isn't enough. I switched the cables back and this didn't return the display to normal. It might be relevant that the cable I switched to has only 14 pins but I doubt it since the native resolution of 1440x900 is what it's set to in Windows.

Mainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, board revision 1.04, BIOS v1904
    CPU: Intel i7 6700, Stock HSF, Undervolt Offset -0.15 V, LLC 4
    RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4-3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 w/ 2 GB (second monitor attached to motherboard)
    Sys Drive: Samsung Evo 750 SSD, 250 GB

:)

THX1138, Sep 8, 2017

2. My computer screen has moved too far to the right how do i fix it so it is centered

my computer screen has shifted too far to the right. how do I get it back centered

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Elaine Glod, Sep 8, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    My computer screen has moved too far to the right how do i fix it so it is centered

If you are using a PC with external monitor, that setting is normally one of the options on the monitor menu!

Look for a menu button on your monitor, on the menu look for a position setting and use the forward and back arrows to centre your screen . . .

My display is too far to the right (off the screen) [​IMG]

DaveM121, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Some monitors have an item in their menu resets to the default rather than move the image. I've seen some VGA cables with even less than 14. What was the reason for changing the cable? Maybe there were problems developing?

Berton, Sep 8, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Resetting the monitor to the factory state did not affect the problem.

I bought a cheap VGA cable without ferrite chokes and as a result I had interference. I got a cable with ferrite chokes and as expected, the interference is now gone. However, the display is no longer within the bounds of the screen and doesn't go back when I swap the cables again.

THX1138, Sep 8, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Uninstall and re-install your graphics driver. That may reset the centering sync between the PC and the monitor.

f14tomcat, Sep 8, 2017
  7. THX1138 Win User
    I removed the driver via Device Manager and restarted the computer. After the restart, the driver seems to be reinstalled but with no difference made to the display (it is still too far right).

THX1138, Sep 8, 2017
  8. THX1138 Win User

I found the problem existed also whilst in the UEFI with the CPU graphics set to primary. I accidentally triggered the automatic image adjustment in the monitor's OSD and this fixed the problem. I didn't realise that this would help because I'd already factory reset the monitor and assumed that this would include automatic image adjustment.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My display is too far to the right (off the screen) - Similar Threads - display too far

2. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is too far to the right: My screen is too far to the right and does not fill the whole screen. All the answers tell me to click on the 3 dots on the top right. Well, I can't because the top right does not exist, I don't see the 3 dots cause the screen is too far over. Please help me, the frustration...
  3. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is too far to the right: My screen is too far to the right and does not fill the whole screen. All the answers tell me to click on the 3 dots on the top right. Well, I can't because the top right does not exist, I don't see the 3 dots cause the screen is too far over. Please help me, the frustration...
  4. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse Going Far Off Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Going Far Off Screen: Hi, so I am not sure whether I should be asking this here or messaging the support of my monitor, but I just got a new AOC monitor. I am not sure how to explain this, but normally when you try to move your mouse off screen, there is like a border that stops it from moving....
  6. Mouse Going Far Off Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Going Far Off Screen: Hi, so I am not sure whether I should be asking this here or messaging the support of my monitor, but I just got a new AOC monitor. I am not sure how to explain this, but normally when you try to move your mouse off screen, there is like a border that stops it from moving....
  7. Mouse Going Far Off Screen

8. micro soft edge page too far to the right

micro soft edge page too far to the right: In Windows 10, my microsoft page is opening too far to the right. How can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-soft-edge-page-too-far-to-the-right/045a342f-e943-4432-8052-ad817c64215b
  9. display too large for my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display too large for my screen: my windows display does not fit into my screen size it is too large & I cannot access the start button or the toolbar properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large-for-my-screen/ecd5bdc7-b48f-4bae-a3cf-df7004becee7
  10. One "tweak" too far.

in Windows 10 Support
    One "tweak" too far.: I’ve been tweaking a new Windows 10 install ad apparently went “one tweak too far”! I can no longer see “Appearance” in the right-click desktop fly-out menu - only “Display Settings” and “Personalize”. I may have turned on high contrast settings, since the background of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen displaying too far left