Windows 10: My Documents display in Windows 10

Discus and support My Documents display in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the way the folders and files are displayed in My Documents? I recently upgraded to 10 but I have a slight issue with 'My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrGreg309, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DrGreg309 Win User

My Documents display in Windows 10

Is there a way to change the way the folders and files are displayed in My Documents?

I recently upgraded to 10 but I have a slight issue with 'My Documents'. Most of my files are in folders in My Documents and in Windows 7 I was able to filter by most recent updated with folders listed first followed by the documents which are not saved in folders. I have not found a way to duplicate this convenient display in 10.

:)

DrGreg309, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Sqdance1 Win User

Recent Files fails to show win 10

I have Windows 10 & the documents were displayed when I opened my Document folder yesterday, however today, they do not display. I followed your instructions & my recently saved documents did not display. Please assist.

Sqdance1, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Microsoft word Document Word 97-2003, 2 question pure text & text with small images What MS should I be using ?

My first question is that I opened Word 97-2003 document and in ALL cases it states that this document is a word 97-2003 document and can’t be edited

So as created on a PC what Microsoft word documents (year) should I be creating these documents as I have just been say copying a document in part as 97-2003 the new document is that also

Finally the un-editable W 97-2003 document if ALL text is displayed correctly formatted highlights except for Non edit perfect

If the document has any photo or images which are 3 at most the text is left justified and only 10 characters wide so this question would be ONE NEAT column of words.

Any document W97-2003 with images created on a PC sent to myself as an attachment to a email ONLY on PC is 100% EDITABLE and displayed as it should, BUT if viewed after download or via office is essentially just one column 10 characters wide

Question

What microsoft Word version should I be using on a PC that if I do need to edit on my windows phone I can

ATM

No images display on phone is OK NOT EDITABLE

With images a column "10" display NOT, NOT! ok NOT EDITABLE

Thanks

Francis 96, Aug 31, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

When you right click blank area within Documents and select Sort by. This what you mean ? Select date modified or then have Date, size, type and Name.

jds63, Aug 31, 2015
  5. DrGreg309 Win User
    That sort of helps. Now My Documents has things broken down by Today, 4 Weeks ago and all of that, and I don't like that either.

DrGreg309, Aug 31, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    I do not see any other way, trying to recall as Windows 7 was quite some time ago, wondering if Windows 8.1 had it different. Only other is Grouping.

jds63, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Doesn't clicking on the Date Modified column heading do that? It does for me though files show up first which may not be to your liking, but the folders further down are sorted as I would expect.

Ztruker, Aug 31, 2015
  8. DrGreg309 Win User

You are correct, it does and it is not to my liking.
    Thank you!

DrGreg309, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Documents display in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Documents display

2. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?: What is that graphic display of thumbnails, in a timeline format, of documents I had worked on? It popped up on screen when I clumsily hit some unknown key combination. I would display an image if I knew how I got there. Very valuable to track my time - like Outlook Journal...
  6. What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?

What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?: What is that graphic display of thumbnails, in a timeline format, of documents I had worked on? It popped up on screen when I clumsily hit some unknown key combination. I would display an image if I knew how I got there. Very valuable to track my time - like Outlook Journal...
  7. What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...: File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file to create. Text document has disappeared from the list of file types I can select. How do I get it back?...
  9. File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...

File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...: File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file to create. Text document has disappeared from the list of file types I can select. How do I get it back?...
  10. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...