Windows 10: My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly

Discus and support My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlueBaron, Dec 10, 2015.

1. BlueBaron Win User

My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly

Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol 120% to burn the image but it also fails with an error. I had a rewritable DVD lying around so I put it on my laptop, tried erasing it but that also fails.

Basically the only thing I can do with the laptops DVD-Rom/burner is reading CDs/DVDs and nothing else. This didn't happen before? I'm really bummed, as I don't know what could be causing this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

BlueBaron, Dec 10, 2015

2. DVD ROM

My DVD Rom says that it is working properly, but when I put a disc in the system keeps asking me to insert a disc

CarlosPortillo09, Dec 10, 2015
  3. DVD ROM doesn't recognize any purchased(movie/game) DVDs

Hello,

my DVD ROM recognizes any DVD burnt by me or other people, but it doesn't recognize any movie/game DVD I bought from a shop. I tried to uninstall the driver and to change the region of the DVD ROM, but it didn't work. I have Windows 10 Pro. What should I
    do?

David Bucur, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly

1. My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly - Similar Threads - DVD Rom doesn't

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. DVD Rom not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Rom not working: Hi, My DVD player on my HP laptop windows 10 OS is not working. At least, it's not working like it used to when I popped in a DVD, the player opened up, I click on it and the DVD started. No problem. Now, I just hear clicking and a pop up opens and asks me if I want to...
  4. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  5. my cd rom doesn't work

my cd rom doesn't work: Dear Sir, My CD ROM doesn't work neither it seen in device manager. How to proceed can you please help me. Laptop specs: Brand : Samsung Model:355V4C/356V4C/3445VC/3545VC Windows 10, 64 bit Regards, Nishit...
  6. cd rom doesn't work

cd rom doesn't work: my brand new desktop cannot open the cd rom drive and it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-work/7e6175cc-7ac7-4c6b-897a-58f0aff12313
  7. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  8. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  9. DVD-ROM not working on win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD-ROM not working on win10: Hello, I upgraded for free from Win7 to Win10 when it was offered (was it in 2015 ? I forgot). Since then I have a problem with my DVD-ROM player. The issue wasn't really important before now as I rarely needed to use the player, and I had another (and very inconvenient)...
  10. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10: hi I upgraded my win7 to win10 and after that my dvd-rom doesn't work properly.it runs CDs but write and DVD is not work. windows detect the drive without any problem in device manager & troubleshoot and it says that the best driver is installed successfully. my dvd-rom...