Windows 10: My email video attachment will not open

Discus and support My email video attachment will not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I receive an email with a video attached it will not open unless I download it first. It used to open immediately when I clicked on it. I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas G Mck, Jul 29, 2018.

1. My email video attachment will not open

When I receive an email with a video attached it will not open unless I download it first. It used to open immediately when I clicked on it. I am using Windows 10 and my email is with Gmail. This started about 2 months ago. Has anyone else experienced this and can they advise thanks.

Cheers Tom

:)

Thomas G Mck, Jul 29, 2018

2. will not open attachment in an email

Hi Dave,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about opening email attachments. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• How do you access your Email?
    • If you are using a browser, have you tried using a different browser?
    • Have you also tried to clear the cache and cookies of your browsers?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

If you are using an Outlook application to open emails, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . You can follow the steps provided in the issue #1.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 29, 2018
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 29, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

My email video attachment will not open

Need to email a video, it's too big...

Yahoo isn't being ridiculous, your expectation is. No email system allows such large attachments.

Anyway, try one of the cloud solutions that the others have suggested here to get around this limitation.

qubit, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

My email video attachment will not open

1. My email video attachment will not open - Similar Threads - email video attachment

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  4. opening my email attachments.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening my email attachments.: When I attach any file to an email and try to open it, I get an "untitled" message. Recipients cannot open attachments at all. Never had this problem until recently. I haven't changed anything....
  5. Can't open pdf email attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  6. email video attachments do not open in Window OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email video attachments do not open in Window OS: Unable to open or play videos sent as an email attachment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-video-attachments-do-not-open-in-window-os/9bf8b5ac-e504-49d3-986c-59cc7ca9c343
  7. opening email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening email attachments: When I want to open an email attachment, the system forces me to save it to a file first before opening it. I used to be able to open it first and then if I want to save it. What setting do I need to change to be able to open it without having to save it?...
  8. Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open "photo" attachments on email: I have been having problems opening "email" photo attachments. When I click on the "clip", all I get is a blank piece of paper where the photo should appear. I have made numerous calls to my Internet Provider which is: Orbitelcom.com and today they said to call Microsoft...
  9. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  10. Can't open attached documents to Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open attached documents to Emails: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Vista just recently and can no longer open pdf documents attached to emails (AOL). I understand that the problem might be caused by my outlook profile but can't find how to resolve? Regards Robert Barrow...