Windows 10: My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great.

Discus and support My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yes, I realize most people would post here with questions or concerns due to issues they had with their Win 10 installations / upgrades. But, I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by livingincebu, Oct 12, 2015.

1. My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great.

Yes, I realize most people would post here with questions or concerns due to issues they had with their Win 10 installations / upgrades. But, I would like to share my "hassle free" upgrade from 7.

I was running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, from the day I purchased this computer, and on my previous laptop as well.

One day, the flag popped up, offering a free upgrade to Windows 10.

At first, I was a bit apprehensive, due to some of the members of a forum I run (not computer related) having problems with their upgrades. Most chose to revert back to Windows 7.

I decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 this past August, I have run into no issues from doing so. None. I am happy with the change, in fact. Aside from a few alterations to stop so much "snooping" and "unwanted sharing", all seems to be going well, months later. I still have a lot to learn about it, though.

I'm sorry to see so many people online, who have encountered bad experiences in attempting to upgrade to 10.

:)

livingincebu, Oct 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Immediate Upgrade Using Windows Media Creation Tool

If I choose to do an immediate upgrade using the Windows Media Upgrade Tool, will it install correctly or will it install with errors (with the Windows 10 Upgrade, it says it will install according to my system to insure a great experience?)

DanteCodes, Oct 12, 2015
  3. nokia Lumia 625

You can always go back to windows phone 8.1 using recovery tool. From my experiences, installing windows 10 on unsupported phones by the above mentioned way turned out to be great.

Stranger_Hanyo, Oct 12, 2015
  4. My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great.

I traditionally never ever do an upgrade to an OS[Windows], I do not wish to migrate any issues from old OS to new OS, however I upgraded 2 Desktops[water cooled overclocked gaming machines] and a laptop and everything works perfect once I locked down the nonsense.....

I am a happy camper....

python134r, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great.

1. My Experience: Windows 10 installation went great. - Similar Threads - Experience installation went

2. My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10: For those interested in upgrading to Windows 10, there is an option that may not have occurred to you. By default, your apps, managed settings, and personal files are kept when upgrading. I never could upgrade without an error when using that option. I did a search on the...
  3. My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10: For those interested in upgrading to Windows 10, there is an option that may not have occurred to you. By default, your apps, managed settings, and personal files are kept when upgrading. I never could upgrade without an error when using that option. I did a search on the...
  4. great experience with microsoft level 2 technician

in Windows 10 Gaming
    great experience with microsoft level 2 technician: so i am having too much problems with my forza horizon 4 first game was missing .dll files,i fixed that by downloading .dll files after that game was still not launching,fix for that was to open powershell and type in: Add-AppxPackage -Register AppxManifest.xml but...
  5. My Windows 10 experience

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 experience: Resisted as long as possible, but finally relented and upgraded to Windows10Pro 64 bit from win7. Used an image from 7 years back and went for it. Frustrating would be speaking lightly, but, after days of registry changes, shell additions and freaky troubleshooting, I think...
  6. NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Something went wrong error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Something went wrong error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Computers that come with a graphics card from NVIDIA have to install the appropriate drivers for it. And when you get the latest drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce Graphics card, you get NVIDIA GeForce Experience with it. Many times, due [...] This post NVIDIA GeForce...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade was bad ! Clean install was great!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade was bad ! Clean install was great!: I know that microsoft had no choice. Not every person out there can do a clean install. Too complicated setting up all. But from my experience the upgrade from 8.1 was a disaster. Many errors in event viewer, Slow system and slow boot time, failed windows updates ...etc...
  8. My experience installing Version 1607

My experience installing Version 1607: I had done an Upgrade from 1511 to 1607 on a client's computer this morning so I grabbed the install.esd, put it on a Thumb drive and sneaker-netted it to my main computer, used the ESDtoISO thingy to create the .iso file, burned it to DVD and Copied it to the Thumb drive...
  9. My experience and opinion with Windows 10

My experience and opinion with Windows 10: I am an old man not quite senile and still with most of my common sense and thinking ability. I even have gained experience computing over the years. However, nothing prepared me for the frustration and angst I had installing Windows 10. It seems to me that most people who...
  10. Building great touchpad experience for web with Pointer Events

in Windows 10 News
    Building great touchpad experience for web with Pointer Events: Most web pages don’t fit on one screen, so good scrolling behavior is an integral part of a good web browser. It’s so crucial to the user experience that we have spent a lot of time optimizing page scrolling, with great results. Since launching Microsoft Edge, we’ve...