Windows 10: My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help

Discus and support My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi after the last update my external HDD disappear when I open manage to see it .. it pops this message " you must initialize a disk before logical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theranger, Jul 1, 2017.

1. theranger Win User

My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help

hi
    after the last update my external HDD disappear
    when I open manage to see it .. it pops this message
    " you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it "
    and the HDD is unallocated

My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help [​IMG]

I had a lot of work saved on that hard drive .. I can't lose these data
    I'm afraid to do any thing that can cost me losing the data on it
    tried to go back to my previous version of windows .. but it didn't solve the problem
    I still can't access this HDD

Please help !!

:)

theranger, Jul 1, 2017
  2. Mic0609 Win User

External HDD is not accessible

Hi,

Recently my Win 10 Home edition got an update and updated. After it finished, I plug my external 3.0 HDD to my laptop, but I couldn't open it. I searched on the internet. I tried to update the driver but it said that my driver is up to date. I tried to uninstall
    it on the Device Manager then I plug it again after waiting for a few minutes but it still can't work.

After that, I tried to uninstall the update but it didn't solve my problems. I still can't open my External HDD. Even though my external HDD was still readable before the update.

Anyone, please help me

Mic0609, Jul 1, 2017
  3. my western digital ultra stopped working after anniversary update

CPU: Intel i5 4670K

MB: Asus Z87-A

I tried My External HDD. It works both on a different computer and on a diferent Android TV BOX (even android box recognized hdd in miliseconsds)

My motherboard has the latest drivers. There is no motherboard driver update released after anniversary update.

Also there is no driver found for WD Ultra in WD site. There are some utility applications only. They also thought "who needs driver for an external hdd?"

The last time i need a driver for hdd was windows 95.

Erman ENGINLER, Jul 1, 2017
  4. theranger Win User

I GOT it ... My GOD i got it back ..
    I don't even know how !!!!!!!!
    I just turn off the PC ..
    open it again ... nothing new still missing my HDD
    open Manage .. and Oh my god it's here and it's healthy again ... don't know how !!!
    back to my computer .. and here it's *Eek

anyway ..
    thnxx guys

theranger, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

1. My External HDD disappear after the last update .. please help - Similar Threads - External HDD disappear

2. Please help! HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! HDD: Hi! Please help! I started having an error with my hard drive D. Windows keeps notifying me about the error, and keeps trying to fix it but it keeps staying, even after completely reinstalling Windows. and formatting the hard drive. I can't start any game. All because of this...
  3. Please help! HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help! HDD: Hi! Please help! I started having an error with my hard drive D. Windows keeps notifying me about the error, and keeps trying to fix it but it keeps staying, even after completely reinstalling Windows. and formatting the hard drive. I can't start any game. All because of this...
  4. My audio disappeared in the last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio disappeared in the last update: I have a Dell, my audio disappeared in the last update; I think it was last night. I have the red sand x on my speaker icon. when i hover over it it says "no speakers or headphones plugged in." if i right click, the speaker setup says "unknown". when I go into my sound...
  5. My audio disappeared in the last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio disappeared in the last update: I have a Dell, my audio disappeared in the last update; I think it was last night. I have the red sand x on my speaker icon. when i hover over it it says "no speakers or headphones plugged in." if i right click, the speaker setup says "unknown". when I go into my sound...
  6. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  7. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  8. Restore last data on external HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore last data on external HDD: I think that I know the answer to this question but I have to ask before I plunge ahead. I have a 2TB external HDD that is attached to my media server (WDTV Live). I'm not sure what happened but the WDTV stopped recognizing the HDD. I connected it to my computer and the...
  9. External HDD disappears after a few minutes

External HDD disappears after a few minutes: Good afternoon all, One of my external HDD's disappears after a few minutes; this only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 10. It will show up again after unplugging and plugging it in again, but again only for a few minutes. Here is what I have done so...
  10. Please recommend an external HDD

Please recommend an external HDD: Hello. I am interested in an external hard drive primarily for storing disk images and thats about it pretty much. I hardly use the space on my main OS drive. Im looking for something reliable. Any idea? Thanks! if it helps, my PC is windows 10 64bit with 3 or 4 USB 3.0...