Windows 10: My First Win 10 BSOD

Discus and support My First Win 10 BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Throwing it out here for everyone. A lot of symbols can't be found. Seems to blame my graphics driver and the stack indicates the driver got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gator, Apr 22, 2015.

1. gator Win User

My First Win 10 BSOD

Throwing it out here for everyone.

A lot of symbols can't be found.

Seems to blame my graphics driver and the stack indicates the driver got caught up in some type of loop. A few minutes before that, Facebook was open and a video played, Firefox crashed. I opened up Facebook again, another video autoplayed and I got a BSOD.

Maybe this may have something to do with it but, I noticed today that somehow the resolution got fubared and there were 1 inch gaps on the sides of my monitor (32in HDTv). I tried changing the resolution back but the normal resolution I had before, isn't the same resolution. I changed it in catalyst control center but same problem. The typical resolution isn't the same as before.

(While were on the subject of Resolution, typing Resolution into start and clicking "Change The Screen Resolution" opens an empty Settings app and then disappears. Manually navigating to Resolution settings works, however)

So does this maybe have something to do with incorrect resolution? How can I get normal resolution back? (Maybe these questions are suited better in another place but I figure the guys here can advise possible solutions)

Also, today AMD Quick Stream said it needed to be reinstalled, so I did so (maybe I can delete this altogether?). I'm going to try updating all my drivers and see what happens. BSOD is below for all to check out.

Attachment 17516

:)

gator, Apr 22, 2015

2. I am getting BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys when adding webcams to vMix software.

Still no fix for this? Just got my first bsod on SWTOR. GTX970 on Win 10.

HumbleBrag, Apr 22, 2015
  3. After Win 10 upgrade BSOD error and restart loop, VIDEO MEMORY MANAGEMENT INTERNALERROR

Thanks a lot.

So, does it mean that heat could be causing the BSOD??

I apologize again, but my understanding fails to make a conenction between my BSOD and the posibility of a heat issue.

Also, my greater concern is whether the re-install of either WIn 10 or Win 8 will actually eliminate the BSOD...

(since I already tried going back to factory state and the PC when right back to BSOD and Win 10)

Giggungaggap, Apr 22, 2015
  4. gator Win User

My First Win 10 BSOD

Froze again while on Facebook when videos are playing.

This time I got a warning (maybe from catalyst?) saying my graphics driver crashed then successfully recovered.

gator, Apr 22, 2015
  5. gator Win User
    Hardware acceleration was the problem, again. This happened on my 8.1 machine.

Anyone know why Hardware acceleration causes BSOD's while streaming video?

gator, Apr 22, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    Symbols change as each build is released.
    Those compiling the symbol files also may not have kept up with the releases - so missing symbols aren't a big concern in these builds.

I'll try to remember to check out the dump later on today. But I've seen lot's of problems with AMD drivers since 8.1 was released - so I have to wonder if it's the fault of poorly designed drivers?

FWIW - I never mess with hardware acceleration. I prefer to think that a properly designed driver should handle it without needing to shut it off. If it is causing BSOD's, then it's either a problem with the driver, or with the video card (or a mix of both).

BUT, I may be wrong in my opinions. See this article where Microsoft even suggests turning it off (for Visual Studio issues): You experience performance issues, product crashes, or rendering issues in Visual Studio 2013

usasma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My First Win 10 BSOD

1. My First Win 10 BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  3. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  4. Unexpected kernell mode BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected kernell mode BSOD: Hi, After the latest Windows update, I´ve been experiencing multiple BSODs with an Unexpected kernel mode trap error. I´ve experienced a couple of shutdowns with the same message in the past, but never that many in a row. Can anyone read my minidump files, as the computer is...
  5. Unexpected kernell mode BSOD

Unexpected kernell mode BSOD: Hi, After the latest Windows update, I´ve been experiencing multiple BSODs with an Unexpected kernel mode trap error. I´ve experienced a couple of shutdowns with the same message in the past, but never that many in a row. Can anyone read my minidump files, as the computer is...
  6. BSOD when launching VALORANT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching VALORANT: Out of the blue I started getting a BSOD when launching VALORANT, only started today as I was still able to play yesterday.It gave me the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.I have already tried running sfc/scannow and chkdisk, reinstalled VALORANT and Riot Vanguard but to no...
  7. BSOD when launching VALORANT

BSOD when launching VALORANT: Out of the blue I started getting a BSOD when launching VALORANT, only started today as I was still able to play yesterday.It gave me the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.I have already tried running sfc/scannow and chkdisk, reinstalled VALORANT and Riot Vanguard but to no...
  8. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  9. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  10. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?: Hi there,Can anyone help me analyze what's causing an issue with a PC.Here's the minidump.Thank you.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...