Windows 10: My fonts have been messed with

Discus and support My fonts have been messed with in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a program (it was written in Visual Basic 6) that I've used for years , including the last 6 months or so on Window 10. Today I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rboppy, Jun 21, 2016.

1. rboppy Win User

My fonts have been messed with

Hi,

I have a program (it was written in Visual Basic 6) that I've used for years , including the last 6 months or so on Window 10. Today I started it and lo and behold the fonts have been changed! This is a screen shot from my Windows 7 computer:

My fonts have been messed with [​IMG]

And this is from my Windows 10 computer:

My fonts have been messed with [​IMG]

Is there a way to get things back to normal?

:)

rboppy, Jun 21, 2016
  2. Mynners Win User

entering text with Nokia 2630

My sister was having this problem too, have you been messing around or changing the themes? even simple things like changing the font can mess with writing texts.

hope this helps

Mynners, Jun 21, 2016
  3. My colors have been messed up

its like its set to ultra high brightness

NicolaBirclin, Jun 21, 2016
  4. puntz Win User

I'm no geek but have you tried a system restore? It might owrk - it might not. But it's worth a go.

puntz, Jun 21, 2016
  5. rboppy Win User
    Thanks puntz, it worked as I suspected it would. I wanted to avoid that as it is only a temporary solution, the next upgrade will have the same problem I'm afraid.

rboppy, Jun 21, 2016
  6. rboppy Win User
    This is bizarre! I didn't check the build version before I performed the System Restore (my bad), I restored the system to a version before the 6/17/2016 update. Now when I check the build version it is the latest build: 1511 version 10586.420 and the font on the calculator is fine!

rboppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My fonts have been messed with - Similar Threads - fonts been messed

2. Font is messed up in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is messed up in Windows 11: In File Explorer, the font is not the normal font Segoe UI and is a different font that I don't know the name of.Here's my system information:OS: Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.3007Computer: HP Victus 15-fb0015nrRAM: 32GBStorage: 512GBScreenshot:Please help!...
  3. Font is messed up in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is messed up in Windows 11: In File Explorer, the font is not the normal font Segoe UI and is a different font that I don't know the name of.Here's my system information:OS: Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.3007Computer: HP Victus 15-fb0015nrRAM: 32GBStorage: 512GBScreenshot:Please help!...
  4. Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.: After I changed the fonts in notepad from Tahoma to Times New Roman (also increasing the font sizes), I suddenly realized that all my fonts in Microsoft Edge and other browsers messed up - normal letter becomes italics or becomes bold etc. I have tried in Edge Setting -...
  5. Have my gmails been read?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have my gmails been read?: Hi Guys I hear there is a way to know if your "sent" gmails have been opened/read. A google search said there is a Tracker, a bit confused as I was hoping it could be done in gmail settings? W10 163261
  6. My File Have been Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My File Have been Locked: Dears , All files now have .lokd extension ,how can I fix that ? [ATTACH] [Original Title: LOKD FILES] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-file-have-been-locked/2ba4545e-0960-4bb0-a610-9d7b18445aa8
  7. Windows font and sizes messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows font and sizes messed up: A lot of default font and size settings are messed up for me. The default font appears very skinny, the size is tiny, scroll bars are suddenly so thin you can barely see them and the window title bar size is tiny (probably due to the lower font size). I'm a developer myself...
  8. I think that my computer has been messed with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think that my computer has been messed with: Hello I could use some help. My school computer has files i have not a clue to what they are. I was reading some older community forums where is said to do all this go to start open search and type...…..this is what I got now there was a note pad that popped up to can...
  9. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

in Browsers and Email
    Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam: Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read. Anyone have any idea how you change...
  10. FONTS, messed up tabs in some software

in Windows 10 Support
    FONTS, messed up tabs in some software: Hello, after upgrade to win10 I started a Video Editor (Studio) and noticed that a Title I made on win8.1, was not showing the right Font; I checked and during the upgrade it deleted some of my installed fonts I had in 8.1. I copied all the fonts I had on 8.1 on a folder,...