Windows 10: My friend has problems booting/installing Windows for first time

Discus and support My friend has problems booting/installing Windows for first time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My friend just completed building his own pc. Here are the specs, if they matter: - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - MSI PC-Mate B350 - ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmazingDude3000, Jul 28, 2018.

1. My friend has problems booting/installing Windows for first time

My friend just completed building his own pc. Here are the specs, if they matter:

- AMD Ryzen 5 1600

- MSI PC-Mate B350

- ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 ti

- 16GB Ballistix Sport RAM

- 1 TB HDD

- 500GB Samsung 850 SSD

He also bought an Windows 10 OEM key.

The first time he started his computer after inserting his 8GB USB Stick into it, the windows installation service started almost immediately, as it should. He then proceeded by entering his windows 10 key, and tried to install it on his SSD. After hitting "continue", his PC/the Windows Installation Process crashed, not leaving an error message. He then disconnected the SSD from his pc after shutting it down and started it again to install it on his HDD. This time, it actually went through the whole installation process (without a key) before crashing due to him installing his graphics card drivers. He then rebooted the pc and after showing the "PRO-SERIES" logo with the windows loading icon, it did not go over to showing the windows windows loading screen or the user selection, but instead just a black screen. At this point I'd like to mention that my friend is not nearly as much into technology as me, which is why he then first called me (and couldn't reach me) and then called a other IT-technician he knows and asked him what to do so he can fix windows. That guy recommended to boot windows in safe mode, which he did. He then came back to his desktop and was able to start downloading his drivers, but again, while installing his graphics card drivers, his pc/windows crashed, leaving the fans in his pc still spinning like before. He then called me and suggested that it probably is a graphics card error, which may also be true, but it still leaves the question why he cant install his windows on his ssd without crashing. I recommended him to also start windows in safe mode like before, and go check if all components are working properly in the windows device manager.

He doesn't have any time until Thursday next week, but maybe you guys can find some more suggestions/things to try to hrlp him getting windows working properly on his ssd.

As I mentioned earlier, he isnt into tech so much, so it could also be possible that he just formatted his 8 GB (!) USB stick wrong.

Hope the community can find an answer, i already did research about windows black screens after installation beforehand.

:)

AmazingDude3000, Jul 28, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2018
  3. 4747 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4. Dandel Win User

My friend has problems booting/installing Windows for first time

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

My friend has problems booting/installing Windows for first time

1. My friend has problems booting/installing Windows for first time - Similar Threads - friend has problems

2. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up pc first time/ installing windows: Before starting this I knew NOTHING about pc’s but I finally got done building my first pc and tried starting it up. Entering the bios I could see the M.2 ssd was detected, but not able to be used as a bootable device. Looking online for input I had found to my very little...
  3. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting up pc first time/ installing windows: Before starting this I knew NOTHING about pc’s but I finally got done building my first pc and tried starting it up. Entering the bios I could see the M.2 ssd was detected, but not able to be used as a bootable device. Looking online for input I had found to my very little...
  4. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My friend has an Anti-Virus problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend has an Anti-Virus problem: We need to turn off antivirus for something (Dont ask, we know what we are doing) but his searching Defender on PC doesnt bring any results, searching in it options neither, and pressing the arrow in bottomr igth on screen and pressing defender just brings him to another page...
  6. Time Has Come for a First

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Has Come for a First: 1st out of the gate: The time has come haha that 20H2, from Store, has its 1st Fluent Design/Sun Valley style app and this is it [ATTACH]Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-has-come-for-a-first/42913248-5a3b-42c8-878c-4b4ba5207c5c
  7. windows first time install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows first time install: on a new board I need w10 is there a way to get it free I was going to install win 7 then upgrade but the keybord and mouse won't work for the install but work fine for the bio submitted by /u/yanceycat [link] [comments]...
  8. First time installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First time installation: I am putting windows first time did i need product key or jst iso for installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-time-installation/2e96ae21-e303-4c08-a200-2bb785d17123
  9. my friend has problem with his pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....
  10. Won't boot first time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't boot first time: When I have the AMD FX9370 installed, my computer won't boot first time. Never does. I hold the power button until it shuts off and press it again for a 2nd boot with zero issues. When the FX8350 is installed it does boot first try. The board was an msi 970a G46 with an...