Windows 10: My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game)

Discus and support My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello , So , I have a 940mx gpu with 2gb on my lenovo laptop , and i made some settings in the nvidia control panel a few months ago . One of them was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marinel Cipu, Aug 25, 2018.

1. My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game)

Hello , So , I have a 940mx gpu with 2gb on my lenovo laptop , and i made some settings in the nvidia control panel a few months ago . One of them was : power management mode , i set it to prefer maximum performance ( only while playing games , because my gpu is used by the laptop only when i'm playing games ) . If I play 2 , 3 , maybe 4 hours The gpu is very hot , and i also have a laptop cooler , but this will not help the gpu . The problem is that I don't know if this option is safe for my laptop , ( prefer maximum performance option ) , sometimes i can't even hold my fingers on W A S D , because the keyboard is hot too . Should I revert it ? , BUT , I will lose fps if will do that ? Because i made that setting only for a few more fps , i forgot if this setting helped me with my fps , because i made it a few months ago. Sorry for the bad topic by the way .

:)

Marinel Cipu, Aug 25, 2018

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 25, 2018
  3. When playing games the hot keys are active

When playing games the hot keys are still active meaning whenever I press "s" instead of walking back it opens the "search the web and windows" bar

I would like to know how to disable or change the hot keys.

1CHRIS MORRIS, Aug 25, 2018
  4. My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game)

hot 920

What specifically are you doing with your phone to cause it to get so hot as to shut it down?

The 920 can become warm during normal operation and fairly warm when performing CPU/GPU intensive tasks, such as playing games or streaming online videos.

Ray Hipkiss, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game)

1. My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game) - Similar Threads - GPU VERY HOT

2. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu: After upgrading my cpu from a ryzen 5 2600 to 5600, everytime I play a game, specially warzone. I get very high GPU usage from a system app which is ntoskrnl.exe, like around 20-60% of gpu is taken up and lowers my fps ingame by a large amount. this is the first time ive...
  3. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu: After upgrading my cpu from a ryzen 5 2600 to 5600, everytime I play a game, specially warzone. I get very high GPU usage from a system app which is ntoskrnl.exe, like around 20-60% of gpu is taken up and lowers my fps ingame by a large amount. this is the first time ive...
  4. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  6. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  7. is my pc running too hot

is my pc running too hot: so is my pc running to hot[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-pc-running-too-hot/0a489ccd-1376-45ec-8dab-327042cb19da
  8. dwm.exe using too much GPU

dwm.exe using too much GPU: I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad P50s, which has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU, and a dedicated NVIDIA Quadro M500M GPU. When I run some applications, such as Rainmeter, Chrome, or a game, the process "dwm.exe" Desktop Window Manager is using up to 70% of my integrated...
  9. Is my CPU running too hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CPU running too hot?: I have an Intel NUC. Recently, shortly after I started watching video in Firefox, the computer shut down suddenly. I suspected that it was thermal overload, so the next time I started my computer I looked at the CPU temps using Open Hardware Monitor. They range from 60C to...
  10. too much shared memory with the gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much shared memory with the gpu: I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card. Bad enough the swap file eats up more of my SSD but this seems to be excessive at allocating 12 GB of shared memory. That is 50% of all of the...