Windows 10: My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do?

Discus and support My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not suggesting anything there. Just a point of information. You can delete everything if you are doing a clean install. Nothing but unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yamil, Apr 2, 2017.

1. WOT
    WOT Win User

My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do?

The installation process will not delete everything unless you manually delete every partition and take it down to 100% unallocated.

2. Yamil Win User

OK, thanks so much for all your help!!

Yamil, Apr 2, 2017
  3. WOT
    WOT Win User
    You could try deleting everything but D because it looks like it is not a system related partition, and if you don't get the correct install on (newly created) C, just repeat and try again with all partitions wiped.

Good luck,

4. Yamil Win User

Hello Guys!!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and ideas, specially to NavyLCDR from the Installation and Upgrade forum. I did what NavyLCDR suggested, deleted the last 2 partitions, extended my D partition and booted from a USB. During the installation I choosed custom and deleted each partition except D, and then installed in the new unallocated space. After that the installation went well and Windows 10 created the partitions. My hard drive now looks better!! *Wink

My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do? [​IMG]

Hope this help to anyone having the same problem.

Thanks to everyone!!

Yamil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do? - Similar Threads - hard disk has

2. Hard Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Partition: is this fine if i part and keep hard disk in this way? or, do i need to merge the two parts of F? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/d3178c7a-6b68-4ed7-ba97-2e3ff2d5d69b
  3. Hard Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Partition: is this fine if i part and keep hard disk in this way? or, do i need to merge the two parts of F? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/d3178c7a-6b68-4ed7-ba97-2e3ff2d5d69b
  4. After a forced update my computer has extreme lag, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a forced update my computer has extreme lag, what can I do?: My laptop updated something while I was restarting my laptop, and because of that the size of my lay out was somehow changed, but especially my performance is extremely decreased. Even tiny games are completely unplayable now. About 2 hours ago I could run games such as GTA 5...
  5. Hard Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Partition: I had made a partition before reinstalling windows 10 Pro. After installation I wanted to partition my C Drive Windows which I did, but I got 500 gb space without losing any space in C drive, how did that happen....
  6. What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...: Hi, I keep getting a low disk space warning on the system reserved D drive. This laptop was originally a family member. I`d like to have a partition for just the OS/programs and then another for downloads, what`s the best way to go about this? I`ll post a screen shot of my...
  7. What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...

in Windows 10 Support
    What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...: Hi, I keep getting a low disk space warning on the system reserved D drive. This laptop was originally a family member. I`d like to have a partition for just the OS/programs and then another for downloads, what`s the best way to go about this? I`ll post a screen shot of my...
  8. hard disk partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk partition: please someone tell me solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/908a861d-47ff-4723-aa69-f40e64023410"
  9. I can't partition my hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't partition my hard disk: Hi everyone, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9570 and I'm trying to partition my C: drive but I'm facing an issue with storage. Even though I have more than 90GB free, every time I try to partition the disk I'm given only 2GB to work with. I've cleared up temporary files and...
  10. My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My hard disk has 12 partitions after windows update, what can I do?: Hello!!I have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5737. The computer originally came loaded with Windows 8 and later 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 and after that to the Anniversary Edition. Recently upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update and my hard disk right now has 12 partitions!!...